Old 07-19-2018, 09:31 PM   #21

I have also had the same Elements cover for 3 years. I have had 2 small tears where I forgot to pad a sharp edge. I patched the tears with Gorilla duct tape on both sides of the tear. I will definitely buy another Elements cover when this one is done.

Old 07-20-2018, 08:45 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Turf View Post
I have also had the same Elements cover for 3 years. I have had 2 small tears where I forgot to pad a sharp edge. I patched the tears with Gorilla duct tape on both sides of the tear. I will definitely buy another Elements cover when this one is done.

Thanks for sharing that info with me!

D321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:45 PM   #23

I bought the top of the line adco for my 30' class A. It worked well and held up for the year I had the rig and looked in good shape when it went to its new owner. I take all cover warranties with a grain of salt, be they rv or solar pool covers, they rarely last as long as they should, but factor that in when buying. You WANT the cover to take the abuse so your rig doesn't.

BTW the adco for the rv weighed 40+ lbs, not the easiest thing to manage. If I can find a lightweight 'parachute' type material I will buy one for the new Rockwood.
nozzano22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by nozzano22 View Post
I bought the top of the line adco for my 30' class A. It worked well and held up for the year I had the rig and looked in good shape when it went to its new owner. I take all cover warranties with a grain of salt, be they rv or solar pool covers, they rarely last as long as they should, but factor that in when buying. You WANT the cover to take the abuse so your rig doesn't.

BTW the adco for the rv weighed 40+ lbs, not the easiest thing to manage. If I can find a lightweight 'parachute' type material I will buy one for the new Rockwood.

Thank you for the information!
Old 07-30-2018, 08:12 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by glsimms View Post
I'm going to look at the covers from Classic Accessories Classic PermPro. They have a lifetime warranty to the original owner. Looks like they have either 4 or 5 star ratings on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Classic-Acces.../dp/B008FIULAS
I have this cover for my 2018 Rockwood Roo 233S. Love it so far. Not to bad to put on, seems durable, etc. Still on it's first season so only time will tell but I have heard good things about it which is why I went with this one.
TST Tire Monitor Tow/Trailer
Champion 3100 Duel Fuel Ginny
Wprather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 09:02 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wprather View Post
I have this cover for my 2018 Rockwood Roo 233S. Love it so far. Not to bad to put on, seems durable, etc. Still on it's first season so only time will tell but I have heard good things about it which is why I went with this one.

Thank you for your post! Our trailer is only 14 feet long. It appears the smallest one offered fits 15-18. We are still looking at our options. If only our trailer was a foot longer! Thanks again for your post!
Old 12-01-2018, 05:48 AM   #27
Camper Bruce

Send a message via Yahoo to CamperBruce
covering an RV

for a small camper like yours, Harbor freight makes an 10' x 17' "shed" that would cover your trailer.
CamperBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 03:09 PM   #28

Keep in mind how you measure your TT for the cover. The one I bought said to count the rear bumper to the front of the "box". I also have a rear rack folded up with the spare tire mounted to it. Then, IMO, a little extra is good if you want to cover the front A frame, gas, battery, and hitch jack. All the decent covers have a couple gathering straps at both front and back, mine has them on the front and back bottom seam, as well.
I have a new basic ADCO model. Was under $200 via eBay. I only regret no zippers for access to the TT with the cover on. The material is all that spun fiber material that came out for car covers 25-30 years back, originally from Kimberly Clark as Evolution 3, IIRC. Very breathable. It does stretch over the years. Had one in the same material for a long time on my 1984 Mazda RX7.
Boomerweps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:05 AM   #29
Georgia Rally Coordinator

They had the Elements covers on sale this year so I bought one to replace my ADCO which was 4 years old and had a few rips here and there mostly from rain spouts when removing. The Element cover fits well and I like the fit even tho I have a V-lite it works great. This cover seemed to be a little heavier made. They also include the socks to cover the rain spouts. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10 gear
Days camped in 2016 58
Days camped 2017 62
Days camped 2018 67
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:10 PM   #30

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4327.JPG
Views:	10
Size:	254.3 KB
ID:	192858
Adco season 2. I do install 2” nylon straps around entire unit. 5 of them. Will see what this winter does.

john5646 is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover