Old 10-11-2017, 03:24 PM   #1

Switching models

So, I am about to take delivery on my 2018 Rockwood SUL 8324bs. I ordered it 10 weeks ago. It's sitting at the dealer, waiting for me to pick it up this weekend.

2 hours ago, I was just trying to familiarize myself online with Forest River with some new options that I never had in my previous units. That's when I saw the 2018 brochures online and noticed that the model we ordered has 3 slides now. Even though I ordered and will receive the 4 slide unit, it seems the 3 slide makes more sense and is a better plan.

That's not why I am pissed. I am pissed off because Forest River knew it was going to come out with this same model (just three slides) at the same time I ordered mine. They should have given me the option to wait one month. Same as a car dealer will say, "hey, wait one month - the new style is coming out".

I called Forest River to voice my displeasure with their lack of "heads up" when I was buying a $47,000 rv. I spoke to two people there, both not giving a crap. They basically said we don't give a *****. You get what you get and don't get upset.

I am just saying that they should have told me (and other 8324bs) buyers that a major change was coming to a 2nd model year.

I am Very upset about their lack of caring and poor customer relations.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:48 PM   #2

Information like that is not up to Forest River. It's on your dealer to inform you of those matters. The dealer is not a FR employee.

Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 03:50 PM   #3
Site Team

Seems like the blame should lie more on your dealer than FR. *IF* they even knew at the time that this was a change that was being made.

Although it's just an opinion on whether or not the new model is better. For me, I'm glad I bought my fiver when I did. The next-year model after mine wasn't built with the same quality IMO. The dealer agreed since they quit carrying them afterwards.
Old 10-11-2017, 04:29 PM   #4
Pickin' & Campin'

I agree, your anger should be directed more towards your dealer.

When we ordered ours, the dealer informed us of a floor plan/model change and we ordered the new model. I searched all over Forest River's documentation (web site/brochures/show specials/etc.) and couldn't find anything other than what the dealer had told us.

I assume our dealer got the info from their factory rep but it sure wasn't available to the public at that time. As it was, it still came in slightly different from what the dealer described as the factory was making changes on them as quickly as they came down the assembly line.
TST Tire Monitor w/Repeater - Sinemate 3500w Gen.
Days Camped: '15=22 '16=46 '17=30
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:33 PM   #5

Who did you talk to at Forest River? Did you talk to the Rockwood Customer Care Folks, or just called the main Forest River number?

If you are that much against your 4 slide unit, you can always call the dealer and refuse delivery - you will probably be out your deposit but at least you will not be buying a unit you do not like.

Just so you know, all the RV manufacturers put out new floor plans and in a lot of cases it is closely held until release (just like new car body styles are a closely held secret until release).

Just like most folks know when the new model year cars & trucks will be released, after you have been around RVs for awhile, you will learn that a lot (not all) of the new floor plan releases are done at trade shows so, the Hershey show in SEP & the Tampa Show in JAN are good bets when the new floor plans will debut.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 2014 - 42 2015 - 56 Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 05:01 PM   #6
Site Team

What's interesting, is that he's right. The 3-slide model does look nicer and makes more sense.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3slides.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	154007

Old 10-11-2017, 05:13 PM   #7

IMHO, I like the 3-slide model for the fact that it looks like the bathroom is easy to access with the slides in. That was a major factor in my last purchase. I do take breaks at rest areas and prefer my own potty as to what the public has to use.
Wobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 09:59 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outzider View Post
They should have given me the option to wait one month. Same as a car dealer will say, "hey, wait one month - the new style is coming out".
So, I think you pointed out what others are saying. the "DEALER" is the one to blame, not the MANUFACTURER.

Mike

Tags
switch