Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #1

WeatherTech

I just purchased a set of front and rear Digital Fit floor mats for our new Ram 3500. We haven't taken delivery of the 3500 yet, but I liked the ones we have in our 1500 so much I went ahead and ordered them early. That way I have them when the 3500 finally arrives.

I also ordered the No-Drill Mud Flaps and will have the dealer install them when they prep the truck. I could do it, but that way they'll be on when I leave the lot.

I'm really impressed with this company. The products in my opinion are outstanding. The only problem with the ones I had in the 1500 was one of the WeatherTech nameplates popped out. I called the company, the lady apologized and I had two new ones in a couple of days. One extra just in case.

They now offer a floor mat cleaner and protectant. So of course I ordered that too. I've cleaned my mats in the past, but it wasn't the easiest thing to do. The cleaner and protectant come as a kit with spray nozzles for each. In fact one of the nozzles was labeled specifically for the cleaner.

The biggest problem I had before this was if I put a protectant on the mats, they became slippery. If I didn't, they looked ugly.

When I got done today, they looked almost like new. How do I know? Remember I have new ones to compare them to.

'13 Windjammer 3025W
'14 Ram 3500 w/6.7 Cummins
No dogs. No Cats. No kids. Just us.
Whitewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:17 AM   #2

Send a message via AIM to iowaborn
X2 on the digi-fit mats and flaps. Expensive but well worth the money spent. This is my 2nd truck using them.
By the way, I have a set of front and rear floor mats for a 2011 F150 super cab just sitting in my garage if anybody us interested.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:29 AM   #3

X3. They make great products.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:50 PM   #4

Reyob- List them in the 'for sale' section. Just a thought.

'13 Windjammer 3025W
Old 01-03-2014, 10:10 PM   #5
WFD

I have been debating ordering some for our GMC 2500HD. Have them in my wife's Nissan Altima, but with mixed emotions...they are made too high in the back and whenever we adjust the drivers seat the back of the floormat gets hung up...a royal pain. Emailed Weather Tech about it and never even rec'd a response. I will have to trim the back end of the floormat and told them that for the price paid one shouldn't have to do that. I even told them I was delaying ordering a pair for the truck and was going to wait to see how they handled this concern. They sure are good at capturing dirt, snow, water, etc...no leaking at all.
From the pics I was wondering if the fit for the trucks was as good for capturing snow, rain, etc because of the apparent lip that seems to overlap the base of the door plate. Wondering if I will have a fit issue with those as well.

Have been looking at the Husky Liner floormats recently.

Rick
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:24 AM   #6

Try calling McNeil (the manufacturers of WeatherTech) directly. (800) 441-6287 Let us know what happens. I'm curious.

'13 Windjammer 3025W
Old 01-04-2014, 12:35 AM   #7

WeatherTech = American made with American tooling!!!! They are a wonderful product I had them in my 04 Ram 1500 and transfered them over to my 09 Ram 2500. Luckily the Silverado I have now had already had a full front and rear set in it! I think they are a tick above the Huskys
Nights camped in 2014 = 19
(2013 = 36)
(2012 = 42)
JFM-jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 04:27 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFD View Post
From the pics I was wondering if the fit for the trucks was as good for capturing snow, rain, etc because of the apparent lip that seems to overlap the base of the door plate. Wondering if I will have a fit issue with those as well.
Rick
I have the digital fit liners for my 2011 Ford F250. The design is not the best for capturing the snow water. The water just runs over the sill plate into the door seal. The do keep the mud and water from getting onto the floor though.
crunchman
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 06:26 AM   #9

I have the Husky liners Husky Liners® - Floor Liners | Floor Mats | Car Floor Mats | Cargo Liners | Mud Flaps | Huskyliners.com which are also made in the USA and love them. I've had them on my last 3 trucks.

2012 Cedar Creek 36CKTS Touring Edition
2015 Ford F-350 CC DRW Lariat
Joe_GA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:02 AM   #10

Just a caution with the weathertechs. My brother just recently had a terrible accident because when he took them out to shake the dirt off them and put them back in his truck her wasn't careful enough and got them on top of the accelerator pedal. The next time her got into the truck when he started driving off when he stepped on the brake pedal the accelerator got stuck down and he drove right into traffic. It was has own fault for installing them wrong, but just be very cautious.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:56 AM   #11
WFD

Crunchman...that was my exact concern...the term sill plate wasn't coming to me!! having the melted snow water run over the sill plate into the door seal would seem to be an issue for me. Thanks for the info!

Rick
WFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 12:39 PM   #12

Have had the flaps since I bought my truck. Wouldn't be without them. If I had not ordered the Ford floor mats I'd have went with their floor mats also. Great products.

1 Fantastic DW
1 Amazing DD
1 Beagle that will be missed (RIP Zeus)
another_newfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 11:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflint View Post
Just a caution with the weathertechs. My brother just recently had a terrible accident because when he took them out to shake the dirt off them and put them back in his truck her wasn't careful enough and got them on top of the accelerator pedal. The next time her got into the truck when he started driving off when he stepped on the brake pedal the accelerator got stuck down and he drove right into traffic. It was has own fault for installing them wrong, but just be very cautious.

Crunchman and WFD, we live in the U.P., I understand you're concern.

I've had them since I bought the truck in '11 with no problems. They do capture water and very little does run over the sill plate. The truck heater evaporates most of the water in the mats. What little but does run over the sill plate has never caused a problem.

I had a set of mats from another manufacturers that captured all the water so I could empty them. What a mess!

'13 Windjammer 3025W
Old 02-23-2014, 07:17 PM   #14
Site Team

Had the weathertech there nice. But sent them back and got the husky liners. Like the huskys a lot better.
Have the weather tech mud flaps and window vents.

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:46 PM   #15
NELA

I have the Weather Tech mats in my Jeep, *and* I got the back cargo mat.

LOVE 'EM!

Spill a soda and it's contained.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 09:49 PM   #16
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickflint View Post

Same thing happened with my Jeep, but it was the car wash people who didn't put them back in correctly. No wreck, but my poor Jeep was revving into the red zone! Mine was under the brake pedal but over the gas pedal, so when you hit the brake it pulled the gas pedal down with it.

After a very terse discussion with the car wash owner, all the employees know that the hole in the mats *MUST* be placed over the hook in the floor board, and make *sure* the front part of the mat is UNDER the pedals.

Old 02-23-2014, 09:57 PM   #17
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezer View Post
I have the Weather Tech mats in my Jeep, *and* I got the back cargo mat.

LOVE 'EM!

Spill a soda and it's contained.
The huskys do the same as the weathertech only there soft n pliable. There rubber not hard plastic. weathertech kept sliding around on me.
Both do a good job! I have em both.
Hows that 1st trip weezer??

Zelda the campin dog
Platokidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2014, 10:30 PM   #18
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platokidd View Post
The huskys do the same as the weathertech only there soft n pliable. There rubber not hard plastic. weathertech kept sliding around on me.
Both do a good job! I have em both.
Hows that 1st trip weezer??
Trip was wonderful! Cool nights and days in the mid 70s. All systems were geaux! The park was sparsely populated, nice and quiet.

(we have a very small leak at the water filter canister...one drip every 5 minutes or so. DH is going to try re-seating the O-ring, or maybe lube it with something...someone said Vaseline, but I'm worried that could cause the O-ring to break down.... this week. He put a kitchen hand towel under the drip and after 2 days it's only damp, so we're sure he can fix that)

Buffy's back in her spot in the back yard, unloaded, buttoned up and ready to geaux again!