Old 04-15-2018, 11:07 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by eprovenzano View Post
I just uncovered my camper from itís long winter nap... installing the WIFI onto the batwing and routing the wire throught the refrigerator chase is on my priority list.
My antenna does not raise up...so...might go with the ladder mount or just use a suction cup and remove it when I leave a site.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:41 PM   #32
Travelling Texas

I hope I'm not being Capt. Obvious, but I can't help but bring up a couple of cell phone options that take advantage of a WiFi connection that everyone might not be aware of.
I'm not sure about iPhones, but my Android has an internet calling option that is disabled by default. Switching it on will allow you to make voice calls over WiFi, this came in very handy for me a year ago when I was travelling abroad.
The other is an app I'm sure everyone has heard about, it's called WhatsApp and is a WiFi-based texting program. The drawback is that it only works with other phones using the app.
Since these are the only two functions I use my phone for that can't normally be done with just an internet connection I thought they were worth mentioning.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:56 PM   #33
Senior Member - Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
I hope I'm not being Capt. Obvious, but I can't help but bring up a couple of cell phone options that take advantage of a WiFi connection that everyone might not be aware of.
I'm not sure about iPhones, but my Android has an internet calling option that is disabled by default. Switching it on will allow you to make voice calls over WiFi, this came in very handy for me a year ago when I was travelling abroad.
The other is an app I'm sure everyone has heard about, it's called WhatsApp and is a WiFi-based texting program. The drawback is that it only works with other phones using the app.
Since these are the only two functions I use my phone for that can't normally be done with just an internet connection I thought they were worth mentioning.
Internet (wifi) calling is available for iPhones, however carrier participation is required. I use AT&T, not sure but expect T-Mobile and Verizon also support this feature.

Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote