Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-28-2016, 06:21 AM   #1

12V Jensen TV will not pick up any stations.

Greetings RVers.... New 2016 Palomino TC with 12V Jensen TV that will not pick up any channels on auto scan. Dealer was contacted and gave ideas what to check. No positive results after completing dealer's suggestions.

On back of wall plate there are three coaxial connections with only two cables to connect. I tried swapping out cables to different coaxial connection unions, but no stations picked up after completing the auto scan feature.

Working off batwing antenna. Booster turned on. TV set to air.

I have the round batwing type antenna and the end of the coaxial is buried deep in the top of the antenna without the ability of checking the connection easily. (I can't imagine that the manufacturing tech would have installed the original antenna on the roof without connecting the end of the coaxial properly?)

Have not checked outside sat / cable connections because I do not have cable available.

Also, when playing a DVD, source set to component on the TV (factory provided RCA cables yellow, white, red) the sound works perfectly, but there is no video on the TV.

Any ideas to fix my no reception problem would be appreciated?

Dealer said to bring the unit back, but I am 140 miles away and we planned to go camping in the opposite direction this week.

Lakeside
lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 06:29 AM   #2

1st of all, if your using Red, Yellow, White cables from your DVD to the TV, "component" is the wrong input setting. These are "composite" cables and you need to be set on "Video" to receive these signals.
As for your "round batwing", does the internal element rotate? HD signals are very directional so, if it rotates, does it have a signal strength indicator? Have you tried rotating it while checking the signal indicator (assuming it has one)
Now , let me think some more about your TV viewing issues and if I come up with something else, I'll repost. Good luck!
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
11 different RV's
RSchleder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 03:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSchleder View Post
1st of all, if your using Red, Yellow, White cables from your DVD to the TV, "component" is the wrong input setting. These are "composite" cables and you need to be set on "Video" to receive these signals.
As for your "round batwing", does the internal element rotate? HD signals are very directional so, if it rotates, does it have a signal strength indicator? Have you tried rotating it while checking the signal indicator (assuming it has one)
Now , let me think some more about your TV viewing issues and if I come up with something else, I'll repost. Good luck!
Thanks, DVD now plays just fine after using your instructions.

TV.....not so much yet.

Lakeside
Old 07-08-2016, 05:56 AM   #4

12V Jensen tv

Finally took unit back to dealer. Television cables routed behind the microwave were crossed, satellite and over air cables switched.

In dealer's yard, was able to receive four over the air stations.
In my yard, the Omni directional antenna on this Palomino TC will not receive any stations.

My 5er, with a rotating Batwing antenna, will pick up the five over the air stations that are available here while setting in the same spot that the TC is placed in.

I plan to purchase a rotating Batwing antenna and remove this factory installed useless Omni directional antenna.

You would think that a TC retailing for $38,500.00 would surely have a decent factory installed antenna on it? Shame on you Forest River for cutting such corners when you could have restored a customer's faith in "Quality" manufactures by being a little less greedy.

Why should the tech who installed the cables incorrectly be concerned or care when the company chooses to install inadequate antennas on their "top end" units in the first pale. I am disappointed in your company Forest River.

Opps, You have my money, you could care less about my problems.....

Lakeside

Lakeside

Tags
jensen