Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2016, 05:46 AM   #1

2012 Bronco 1500 Door Seals

Does anyone have any tips for helping the door on this model seal better. It is a two piece fold down door. I have so many problems with this camper leaking when it rains. I also have had the cargo doors leak and soften the floor from the door past the bathroom. that is going to cost me some $$$.

Dave
2011 F250
Wvcamper77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 12:14 PM   #2

I had a 2012 1251SB. The door set up was kind of clunky but it never leaked when it rained. With the short bed package the side compartments were closed in and never leaked. I would think the seals could be easily replaced on the cargo doors. Not sure why the door leaks.
hobiekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 07:40 PM   #3

I strongly suspect that is why Palomino went to the one piece door in aluminum frame, because of the leak issue, also why I never bought an earlier unit, I read about many, many issues with the 2 piece door, IMO, a terrible design.

I see there are still a few 3 year old 2 piece units 'new' still for sale.

Having said that, the one piece door works well but has a drawback and that is, there is no inner screen door, something I would have preferred.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, 500, door