Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2013, 12:26 AM   #1

2014 Palomino 1251 SB

I have been a FROG member for a few years. Have had several different Forest River trailers, earlier this year we bought a new 5th wheel to fulltime in, but it's not a Forest River Product so I stopped checking this site.
We are not ready to travel full time in it, so we bought a new Palomino to travel in leaving the 5er on it's pad for now.

I hope to hear from old friends, and make new ones over the years.

Michael
Old 10-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #2

So how do you like it? We are in a simular situation. Have the travel trailer,but want the cabover so we can tow our new boat (when we get it!) having reservations about the pop up cabovers... been looking at them, but seem to have lots of little imperfections... what is your experience been?
Thanks
travelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:28 AM   #3

We like it just fine fits our needs well, workmanship is a little off in some areas, nothing that I can't fix on my own or wait to get it fixed at a dealing in the off season.
It can be a little time consuming to set up, you have to get a good system, total setup & breakdown is about 30 minutes.

My only advice is get a good cordless drill for the jack stands to go & down, they have a long travel to the ground.

Michael
Old 12-02-2013, 08:17 PM   #4
MI Camperz

Quote:
Originally Posted by mg0427 View Post
I have been a FROG member for a few years. Have had several different Forest River trailers, earlier this year we bought a new 5th wheel to fulltime in, but it's not a Forest River Product so I stopped checking this site.
We are not ready to travel full time in it, so we bought a new Palomino to travel in leaving the 5er on it's pad for now.

I hope to hear from old friends, and make new ones over the years.

Michael
Enjoy your new camper and remember, all people are welcome here, regardless of brand of camper. Don't be a stranger again.
Old 02-04-2014, 03:47 PM   #5

I bought a 2013 1251 late 2012. One thing I did not hesitate on buying was the electric conversion on the corner jacks. I had watched videos of people loading, and unloading campers off their trucks, and the manual jacks seemed to be a real pain. They are well worth the extra expense in time saved, and all the running around from corner to corner.
chapelt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
palomino