Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-18-2018, 01:11 PM   #21

I hear you JohnD. LOL. This ain’t my first in the rodeo in a truck. Gotta consider resale. Just checked into LineX from my local dealer. $500 for the bed and rails. To me that’s a wise investment. IMO
Baysailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:44 PM   #22

Do you need one? That depends on what you plan to do back there and if you care if it gets scratched up. Personally everyone of my trucks gets LineX you can't destroy that stuff and I have dragged pallets of sod across it. I find you get a better price if you go to the LineX dealer not the Auto dealer for it.
LarryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:57 PM   #23

Truck bed

I recommend both a spray in liner to protect the bed and rubber on top to keep the camper and other things you may haul from sliding around. If you check over at truck camper adventure, they have some sources for the mat.
aircommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:36 PM   #24
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baysailor View Post
What year did you do this? Bed legnth? Ballpark cost?
To whom are you asking this question?
It's always best to quote the statement you want to ask a question about.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 03:03 PM   #25
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Any idea how much a sprayed in bedliner weighs?

Might put some over payload...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #26

My first vehicle was a 1949 Dodge truck. The bed was made of wood with steel slats between the wood. When you wanted a new bed, all you had to do unbolt it and replace the wood.

A great system, and I've seen truck like this that polish their wood to look like hardwood floors.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 10:44 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oregon View Post
Would recommend LineX. Just don't watch them install it. I had brand new truck that I had done and before I left the dealer they were out grinding off all the paint in the bed. Arghhh.

Looked great when they were done and still looked great when I sold the truck 6 years later. Have them do top of the bed rails if you get it done.

Should be able to google for dealers in your area. Also can check on Line X (and Rhino Liner). After research I decided on the Line X and was never sorry I did.
This.

Very happy with my LineX bed liner. The installer can make all the difference in the world in the quality of the job.

Bob
HappyTrav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 12:41 PM   #28

I never put anything else in the bed. Line X did a great job and never showed a scratch or mark. Even hauled a load of lava rock (for flower beds) and after shoveling it out, hosed it down, and still looked great.

Everyone is good at something... I happen to be a good bad example.
Oregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:51 PM   #29
RCAF VET

Quote:
Will I need some sort of bedlner in the bed of the truck to help protect it from the camper? If yes can you recommend what to use and where to get it. Thanks.
Don't buy a bed liner, in my last 2 pick ups I have had a paint shop spray the Rhyno liner, good for life, none skid, won't scuff the paint in the bed, best thing it's the same price or cheaper than a bed liner. You never have to lift that out to clean under it because it is sprayed on like a paint.
Read up my friend and decide.
http://www.rosetownmainline.net/spra...ner-war-rages/
bazou7101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 11:51 AM   #30

Quote:
Will I need some sort of bedlner in the bed of the truck to help protect it from the camper? If yes can you recommend what to use and where to get it. Thanks.
1) LineX, DO NOT waste time or money on Rhino, it peels, scratches, chips out and stains. I let the dealer talk me into it instead of LineX like on my past 3 trucks, I regretted it less than 30 days after I had it done on my new '17 F 350. Rhino had 19 reasons why I was at fault: "It's rust stains and not covered under warranty": REALLY, you realize the '17 F series is ALL Aluminum! "Well then its leaves you have let set in to long and they stained it, not under warranty": The truck is less than 30 days old and its garaged day and night! "Ehhh Rhino won't stick to Alum and that is why it's peeling and chipping" Duh it's not raw Alum, it's painted like the rest of the truck and YOUR GUYS are the one that installed it!!!!!!!

ETC ETC ETC till I left, other Rhino shops just said your shop did not install it properly and we cannot warranty that for them, you need to see them..

I ordered my '19 F 350 with the Ford Spray in and so far it looks good after almost 2 months.

2) Now that you have got it LineX'd it's time to cushion the floor of the bed for that Camper. Tractor Supply Co Horse Stall Matting and no it won't cost you several $$$ bucks for a thin piece of rubber that does nothing for you, the camper or the truck. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/pr...BoC8t4QAvD_BwE

If you go to one of the TSC's that is in a rural area or in a horse friendly town they will have it on a roll: It come 4 ft wide and as long or short as you want it.

4 ft. x 6 ft. x 3/4 in. Thick Rubber Stall Mat
SKU # 221900399

Product price
$41.99

My TSC carried it a roll as out here in ranch country most have long bed truck, figure less than $60 bucks incl tax give you a 4x8x3/4 piece. How long will it last? I had it in the bed of my truck for 7 years and the guy that bought my camper bought it from me for $50 bucks, it was like new in-spite of having an Arctic Fox 1150 4,200 lb camper riding on it for those 7 years. In addition when the camper was not in the bed of my truck it was my ranch truck, hauled rocks, pipe, brick you name it, never a dent, never a tear or any damage. You will get your money back at trade in time.

As it's made for recycle rubber it will cushion anything in the bed of the truck and keep stuff from sliding around.
Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 12:39 PM   #31

X2 on the Tractor Supply horse stall/stock matting. The stuff will last forever. Also available at most local farm supply stores or Murdoch's if you have one in your area. We left our camper in the truck for two summers on just the Ford factory spray in liner and every winter when we pulled the camper out you couldn't tell anything had ever been in the bed.
CaliforniaKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:44 PM   #32

Quote:
Yes on the spray in liner. I was a dealer for spray in liners. All I can say is if you want a good liner go with line x and I was not a line x dealer. Stay away from rhino liner.

The key to a good long lasting liner is the prep work done before the spraying of the liner. Also go with over the rail cost a little,more but worth it and get the uv protection. If done right the liner will last as long as the truck if not longer. The problem with drop in liners or rubber mats is they will move around and scratch the bed removing the paint then when water gets under it you will have rust. For protection a spray in liner is the best. You can also get it color to match the truck. Some can also add a design
Gonefishing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 01:54 PM   #33

I would go with Bullet Liner. Bullet Liner is a product invented and produced by Claudio Burtin. He is the principal founder of Line-X. After he sold Line-X corporation, and properly waited out a non-compete clause, he was then able to develop and launch Bullet Liner. There are some major differences between the two, mostly being the UV stability and gloss retention properties of Bullet Liner over Line-X. He made Line-X over 2 decades ago, and now Bullet is a newer, more advanced product. Think how much technology has changed in the past 20 years. Bullet Liner is an all around better product. You can even have it colored to match your truck.
Msgtret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:07 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgtret View Post
I would go with Bullet Liner. Bullet Liner is a product invented and produced by Claudio Burtin. He is the principal founder of Line-X. After he sold Line-X corporation, and properly waited out a non-compete clause, he was then able to develop and launch Bullet Liner. There are some major differences between the two, mostly being the UV stability and gloss retention properties of Bullet Liner over Line-X. He made Line-X over 2 decades ago, and now Bullet is a newer, more advanced product. Think how much technology has changed in the past 20 years. Bullet Liner is an all around better product. You can even have it colored to match your truck.
I had one of my trailers which was a bed trailer (about the size of a short bed on a pickup), had it LineX'd back in '03, its sat out side up until I sold it recently and the LineX had shown little wear or fading over the past 15 years and 7 of those years I lived in the Sonoran Desert, then moved to S Tx.

At the same time I had my '03 Jeep done, it had no doors, no top and it also sat out in the sun. Neither one faded to the point that one would say it had faded out.

Both sat in the sun for years, as it rains only about 8 in a year out in the Sonoran tops, doors etc are optional for Jeepers.

NOT saying Bullet Bob stuff is not good or anything like that, sure it is. It will all fade to some extent but none of my stuff ever faded very much. Rhino on the other hand faded to the point it was noticeable and I only owned that truck 1 ½ years and it was kept out in the barn.

Cedar Creek Silverback 29RE
'19 F 350 CC, LB King Ranch Ultimate
17 Oaks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, truck