Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-26-2017, 08:50 PM   #1

Mattress & Awning

Just bought a 2007 rebuilt Palomino Bronco 1251. No mattress. Could anyone tell me what the normal thickness of mattress used in these is?

Also, is there a way I could buy and install an awning on the side (not the rear) of the camper? If so, is there a recommended brand?

Many thanks!
SunLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 08:54 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Hello,
Stock mattress is about 4 inches, usually extremely uncomfortable . They make some nice all foam mattress that will fit the RV. Often they are short in length or what is called a RV Queen. We purchased a Trump mattress at Goshen rally one year, we traded the trailer and swapped the mattress.
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:09 PM   #3

x2. must people agree stock camper mattress are less to be desired unless a very high end unit. I always put a topper on mine. Should be able to find them on line. Most time they are "standard" widths some times they are shorter then a "normal" bed.
Kimber45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:17 PM   #4

According to a 2012 floor plan it is a 60x80 RV Queen size. Get some measurements to confirm that and do a Google search for what will fit. I just replaced my RV Queen in my TT with a 8" Cool Gel memory foam mattress purchased from Amazon, you can get it in 6" size also. As for the awning, the spec options said a Dometic A&E side awning was available. Again do a Google search, there are several manufacturers that could satisfy you wants. Dometic or Carefree are a couple, make sure they make an awning to fit your camper.
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:33 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooBoo23 View Post
According to a 2012 floor plan it is a 60x80 RV Queen size....
60x80 is a regular Queen size. 60x74 is a "short" RV Queen size.
Austintatious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 12:54 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunLover View Post
Just bought a 2007 rebuilt Palomino Bronco 1251. No mattress. Could anyone tell me what the normal thickness of mattress used in these is?

Also, is there a way I could buy and install an awning on the side (not the rear) of the camper? If so, is there a recommended brand?

Many thanks!
Obviously, the commenting posters didn't bother to read that you have a TC and not a trailer or 5er...

The standard matteress size in a Palomino is 60 x 80. I'd suggest gooing to Costo or Sams Club and getting a medium priced Serta. Thickness should be 4-6".

I have a side awning on my Palomino. I installed a Carefree of Colorado Bag awning. My camper had a factory awning rail (which is really an aluminum extrusion that the end of the bag awning slips into). You can source the aluminum extrusion from whomever you buy the awning from. I bought mine through RV Wholesalers online. Think it was around 220 bucks delivered.

Hope that helps....
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 06:24 PM   #7

We were unhappy with the stock mattress that came with our TC. Sleeping or trying to sleep on this mattress was as hard as trying to sleep on a rock.

Purchased a 2 1/2" memory foam topper at Wally world ($120) and put it on top of factory mattress. Now, both the DW and I, lay on this mattress setup and are very satisfied with the support and cozy warm feeling the topper gives us.

After a long day of traveling or completing a busy day around camp, we both look forward to a comfortable and restful night's sleep on this foam topper setup.

Lakeside
lakeside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:20 PM   #8

Even a crap mattress is better than sleeping on the ground.... In a tent.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2017, 07:48 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidecarFlip View Post
Even a crap mattress is better than sleeping on the ground.... In a tent.

X2 or 3
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning