Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #1

need help with water tank

I own a 2012 8801, the water tank has pushed the invertor out of the wall. I removed the straps, tightened them,were just left loose, removed the 6"piece of pine from the floor, and positioned a piece across the entire tank area. next trip out it pushed out a lil, but pushed the entire wall out. Any suggestions?, I took it back as it's under warrentie dealer says its fine.I dry camp exclusively, need the tank full while I travel, which is all interstate roads.
neverhme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:22 AM   #2

Hello there! There shouod be a "frame" between you convertor and the cabinet. Contact Kim At 269-432-3271. Tell him what you wrote here he will take care of you. Have a good day!
Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:54 PM   #3

I have a 2012 Real-Lite 1806 & though I haven't had your issue I did notice my fresh water tank isn't even strapped down. I haven't had any issues yet, but best I can tell the weight of the water is all that keeps it from moving.
gonecheenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:59 PM   #4

Gonecheenin - just keep an eye on it. If you get close to warranty end you may want to get the fix done...
Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 PM   #5

Thanks!

Any chance you'd now how to properly remove the grey water tank and/or access the grey water level sensors?
gonecheenin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:17 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonecheenin View Post
Thanks!

Any chance you'd now how to properly remove the grey water tank and/or access the grey water level sensors?
You might get them out, but they may not wanna go back in. Sorta like a cork and wine bottle. Better to use gentle chemicals to clean them or like I have made a custom spray wand I can lower through a sink vent to blast them clean.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:12 AM   #7

Those tanks are relatively small in capacity so I think a small bag of ice from a gas station, some water (minimal amount but enough to float the ice) and drive it around to get the ice to slosh good will clean a tank quick and cheap. Removal of those tanks is probably going to be a pain...all the glued in tank fittings and such. the paneling around the bathroom is what conceals the tanks. If that was pulled loose one would see the tanks below the bathroom...
Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Hello there! There shouod be a "frame" between you convertor and the cabinet. Contact Kim At 269-432-3271. Tell him what you wrote here he will take care of you. Have a good day!
thanks will give Kim a call when I get some free time. I'm not sure what you are saying by a frame, I did notice the wall the convertor is hooked onto is not screwed under the sink area at all, I'm afraid to do it, don't want the sink falling off. so the only thing keeping it true and upright is the step plate with the two screws. I need to repair it either way,think I'll sell it short and move on, I just got some Lance literature, I've owned the maverick only 11 months, I'm sure I'll take a beating, o well live and learn.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:43 AM   #9

I called Kim last week, he had no information on that frame. Was referred to Ed, left him a message, but no returned call. Do you have a diagram of the frame, I'm sure I could make something similar.