Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2019, 09:57 AM   #1

Palomino Backpack SS-1200 truck camper questions

Hello. I just purchased a used 2014 SS-1200. This is a TC with an electric lift system for the camper top and manual crank jacks for the entire camper. I have a couple of questions that the owners manual does not cover.

1) There are two water lines, one red and one blue, that appear to be drain lines for a hot and cold water. I have yet to track where they come from but they end right next to the battery box going straight down into the floor. These are next to the water hold drain line. Can anyone tell me what these water lines are for?

2) The electric lift system for the camper top makes considerable noise when lowering. There is some discussion in the owners manual about servicing this system periodically. Can anyone tell me what the service procedure is?

3) the canvas has seen much better days. Has anyone replaced their canvas?

Thank you for any help or guidance. Wooly
Wooly1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 12:43 PM   #2

It sounds like the red and blue lines are your low point drains for winterizing. I've had no experience with the electric lifts or canvas replacement.
hobiekaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, palomino, truck