Old 11-25-2016, 01:49 PM   #1

Palomino Real Lite Pop Up Camper Leak

HI. We have 2016 FR Palomino Real Lite pop up camper. It has been raining a lot here and we noticed a substantial amount of water has leaked into the camper. We are very careful at making sure we lower th pop up correctly so as to engage the seals. We have had the camper since April. This is the first fall for the camper, but by all means not the first rain it has seen. Any ideas on what's going on?

DebD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 02:28 PM   #2

Couple things...

First off, you need to male sure your tent is tucked in behind the outer rail and not on or over it when you lower the roof.

I do a triple walk around mine, lowering the roof in stages to make sure...

Two... Make sure the roof latches are tensioned correctly, that is, they pull the roof down and it takes a fair amount of force to cam over the latches. They are adjustable via the screw in the latch assembly and install a hitch clip in each after latching...

FR / Palomino just sent me a recall / heads up notice concerning the latches basically stating they need to be tensioned to correctly deal the roof.

FR / Palomino is now shipping all campers with hitch clips attached to lanyards attached to each cam lock but you can get them (hitch clips) at any farm store for about 15 cents each.

You may also have a seam leak on the roof itself, where the side moulding fits over the top sheet. I'd check that for a good seal as well.
SidecarFlip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camper, leak, palomino, pop up