Old 08-04-2017, 12:47 AM   #1

SS-550 water pump

Help!!! Every time my water pump kicks on I get water leaking from the cabinet under the sink as well as from the bottom of the camper by the drain spout. How do I access the water pump to check for leaks/cracks to get this fixed? I don't live near an "authorized" Palomino dealer to have it looked at. Anybody have any thoughts?

bstewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 06:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bstewy View Post
Help!!! Every time my water pump kicks on I get water leaking from the cabinet under the sink as well as from the bottom of the camper by the drain spout. How do I access the water pump to check for leaks/cracks to get this fixed? I don't live near an "authorized" Palomino dealer to have it looked at. Anybody have any thoughts?
This is an old post, but did you ever find the leak? On both of my campers the pump was near the fresh water tank under the step to the cabover bed. I'm not familiar with the ss550 but would guess it's set up similar.

hobiekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:37 PM   #3

Thanks! I did find the leak. It was a crack in the filter screen on the pump. It ended up shorting out the whole system. I ended up putting in a new pump, LP detector and replaced the battery with a double 6V system to get a little more power. It all works great now! I was a little disappointed on how poorly put together the whole system was. There were multiple exposed wires and loose connections in that compartment when I tore into it. There are also multiple dead end wires that don't seem to go anywhere.
bstewy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump