Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2019, 04:35 PM   #1

Winterizing Backpack SS 1240 Tips for Newbie?

Just bought a new SS 1240. Any tips out there for winterizing? It's a tankless water heater so I guess I don't have to drain the water heater...
JH St Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 02:46 PM   #2

I don't have a tankless water heater but I would guess there is some water in it that needs to be drained. If your SS is similar to the HS6601, there should be a line that you can put in antifreeze container and pump through the plumbing with your water pump switched on. Open faucets one at a time until antifreeze comes out. Drain your low point lines and put the caps back on first. Don't forget to open outside shower until antifreeze comes out of it, if you have one.
hobiekaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:16 PM   #3

Thanks for the response hobiekaw. That's what I did re: the water heater.
What I can't find are low point lines. There's the drain for the water tank and the gray water drain. Everyone talks about these but I don't see 'em. Maybe hidden as the camper is on the truck... Anyway, thanks for taking time to share your thoughts.
JH St Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:30 PM   #4

My low point drains are at the back of the camper and visible with the camper on the truck. There is a red line and a blue line with white caps sticking out from the underside.
hobiekaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
newbie, winter