Old 06-09-2008, 08:21 PM   #1

12v system trouble

Third trip out with the new 2009 All American 28XT. All went well for the weekend. We had shore power, water and sewer. Upon arriving home we plugged back into shore power and nothing operated on 12v. 110v recepticals and microwave work.

All fuzes are OK and breakers are not tripped. I checked the terminal block behind the battery and all connections seem tight.

The tech at the local Camping World (they have done some minor warranty work and seem capable) told me that there should be a main breaker in the location of the terminal block, unless I am blind or it is under the skin I don't see one.

Any input would be appreciated. I will probably call the factory tomorrow for their thoughts.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #2

The main breaker is the first one on top in the breaker panel and should be mark" MAIN". In my camper when the main breaker is turned off everything shuts down.

Old 06-09-2008, 08:44 PM   #3

Been there, 12+ times, no change.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:08 PM   #4

I am sorry, I don't know what to say now Hope someone else can help good luck!
Old 06-09-2008, 09:44 PM   #5

I have a 12v breaker in my front compartment (different trailer though) that looks like a little silver square abt 1.5 inches by .5 inches. It has a small black button on it the needs to be pushed to be reset. It is mounted in between my batteries and the terminal board. Link to what the breaker looks like. On most forest river products the circuit breakers control 110v the fuses control 12v.
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...reaker-12v.htm

2006 F250 6.0 Harley Edition
2008 Cedar Creek Day Dreamer
Keith and Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:28 AM   #6

Thanks, I will check the terminal block agian. It is similar except it has about 6 screw conections instead of 2.
Old 06-10-2008, 08:21 AM   #7
Head Rambler

If it's just your 12volt side that's not working and you're plugged into shore power it's got to be either your converter (not likely) or a main fuse. My bet is on a main fuse. If the converter was bad you'd get power from battery and if the battery main circuit breaker was open you'd still get power from your converter when plugged in. The only common thing is the main 12v fuse. It could be both the converter is bad and the 12v circuit breaker is open but that would be a long shot. Worth trying but a long shot.

Please let us know what you find.
Old 06-10-2008, 06:02 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith and Sharon View Post
I have a 12v breaker in my front compartment (different trailer though) that looks like a little silver square abt 1.5 inches by .5 inches. It has a small black button on it the needs to be pushed to be reset. It is mounted in between my batteries and the terminal board. Link to what the breaker looks like. On most forest river products the circuit breakers control 110v the fuses control 12v.
http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...reaker-12v.htm
Thanks for the tip, there are small reset/breaker button on each terminal block pair. Unfortunately, they do not want to stay engaged. Something obviously is not right. I will do a little investigating but probably will leave it up to the dealer to do under warranty.

I will post the outcome when this is resolved.

Thanks again.
Old 06-10-2008, 11:09 PM   #9

I just went through a very similar problem... no 12v inside camper- plugged into 110, everything was fine. Mine has a power tongue jack, and that worked on 12v, but nothing inside worked. But when I plugged into my tow vehicle, 12v worked all around. I took a look at all the fuses in the WFCO converter, and they were all good. Under the camper, at the tongue, there is an inline fuse on the red wire coming out of the battery. That was also OK, as well as 2 green wire fuses under the frame area, for the slide out motors, I'm guessing. The junction block/AKA circuit breaker with the reset button was the problem. It seems that rust and corrosion on the terminals caused a bad connection. My dealer replaced the breaker with an auto- reset junction/breaker, and now all is fine. Look closely at that block, because I believe your problem lies there. Thanks, and GOOD LUCK!! Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 03:52 PM   #10

I'm having that issue as I write. As of today (6-11-08) my unit is in the shop and what they are telling me is that my converter is bad and they have to order a new one from Forrest River. My last campng trip we had three power surgers ( there was a bad storm ) and they are not sure if that is what caused it but the unit is brand new so at least it is under warrenty. Hope this helps.

2004 Chev.Avalanche
Stelrs59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
12 Volt