Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2014, 09:17 PM   #1

17BH TV placement

Hi all!

New here. Don't know what more to say other than ask my question. lol

So we just bought our clipper 17 bh this weekend, will get it this wednesday. I know it comes with a TV antenna on the roof and was wondering what other owner of the 17BH were doing (if they had any) with their TV.

I would like to install it on a mount and be accesible from the main bed and the eating area. I was thinking of placing the tv right under the cabinet in the kitchen with a mount that would allow to flip the tv horizontaly when not watching.

Any suggestion on how you guys would set this up or how you managed to do it?

Thanks.
Fun Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 04:49 PM   #2

Let me know when you find out. I just got my clipper 17 BH on the 18th. Still trying to figure that out. I was thinking about one of those mounts you can put under the cabinet and fold up when you are traveling. I think it would have to be braced up some, but like I said, I'm still trying to figure it out. My TV in a 19 inch.
benatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by benatk View Post
Let me know when you find out. I just got my clipper 17 BH on the 18th. Still trying to figure that out. I was thinking about one of those mounts you can put under the cabinet and fold up when you are traveling. I think it would have to be braced up some, but like I said, I'm still trying to figure it out. My TV in a 19 inch.
Well, i got my trailer yesterday and after studying all the cabinets i have decided to just leave the tv with it's own stand and put it on the counter top or table for viewing and then store it somewhere secure when moving with the trailer.

The wood under the kitchen cabinet is just not thick or solid enough to hold anything like a TV, let alone the rumble of traveling....

The only real option is to mount it with an articulated arm on the side of the kitchen cabinet, but then you risk hitting it when entering the RV...

So for those reasons, it'll just be free to roam... lol

How do you like your 17BH so far?
Old 07-31-2014, 01:27 PM   #4

This unit is very similar to mine (Canyon cat 17 qbc). I mounted a 23 inch tv to the wall behind the seat in the dinette. Works great. I have a retractable arm so it pulls out when I need it to and folds away when not needed. There was a stud in the wall I mounted to.
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 01:35 PM   #5

We have a SP189 and found the wood also to be too thin underneath the cabinet for mounting and I have a stove burner cover that I made and just set the TV on top of the stove cover. When traveling, I put it in the sink wrapped with a towel. I do not know the layout of your trailer, but on the side of the refrigerator, I put a wood mount and mounted the second TV on the wood mount 1/4 inch x 6 inch x 24" permanately so I could watch TV while in bed. We both use headphones and wife watches on one TV and I watch on the other. We have a two receiver dish network I think a 722 if I remember correctly so wife and I can watch different shows. I cant stand what she watch and that is how we remain sane after 6 months on the road. We use wireless headphones and that is what works for us. I also just hooked up a TV that one can be accessed from the outside storage door when we want to watch TV outside. I have done that on the other camper, our former Aliner, and we missed it on our Trailmanor, so I ran cables so we could have TV outside. It just gives us another option and when we are setting in California in the winter, it is nice to set outside and enjoy the evening.
We are driving a Ford F250 Gasser and pulling a Evergreen G269FK. We also have a Cairn Terrier. 2 Champion Generators. This year, planning on 6 months in our Evergreen visiting, California, Michigan, and Ohio. We live in Florida. Grandkids, and dog are why we camp. Also have a Hensley Hitch which that eliminates all sway. Pricey, but worth it.
Tampajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 06:08 AM   #6

Fun Box,
Haven't tried it out yet as I have been very busy outfitting the thing with all of the stuff you need, but of course you don't get. I will tell you one thing though, I went from a Little Guy teardrop camper to this, and to tell you the truth, I would much rather have that than this monster. I only upgraded because my grandson (7 years old) didn't like not having a bathroom, lol.
I will say, I'd forgotten just how much it takes to set one of these up. With my teardrop, I could be set up and relaxing in about 10 minutes. Not so with this. I did modify the tongue jack on mine. I took the manual one off and put an electric one on. Plus, I bought a drill bit to use on the stabilizer jacks. Makes things a little easier. Hope you enjoy your trailer.
benatk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by benatk View Post
I will say, I'd forgotten just how much it takes to set one of these up. With my teardrop, I could be set up and relaxing in about 10 minutes. Not so with this. I did modify the tongue jack on mine. I took the manual one off and put an electric one on. Plus, I bought a drill bit to use on the stabilizer jacks. Makes things a little easier. Hope you enjoy your trailer.
Well, 10 minutes is not that bad.... my previous one was a hybrid and it took around an hour to setup and another hour to pack.

With the 17bh, i figure i'm gonna unhook it, plug the 3 services and relax! which will be something like 10 minutes.

I've prepared a few improvements on my trailer too. For one, i fixed the problem with the bathroom doorknob, the door is so skimpy the knob was moving around and sometimes you'd be locked in. so i removed it, scraped the foam inside the door around the knob hole and jammed a few pieces of wood that i cut so it'd fit perfectly. Now i can tighten the screws on the knob very firmly and it wont move anymore. If you need more instructions, i could make a thread with pictures on how i fixed that.

I also installed Ikea drawers in the bottom cabinet right under the stove. They work great and smoothly, you just need to open the door and pull them out... great for utensils and all.

I did quite a lot in fact... but, now i have to stop the improvements... we are leaving for vacation. So i'll tell you all about it when i come back.
Old 04-17-2016, 06:37 PM   #8

I want to mount a tv on a swing arm over the window beside the front door. That way I can see it from the bed and the dinette. How would I run the cables? The outlet is located under the kitchen cabinets
SSminnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:57 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSminnow View Post
I want to mount a tv on a swing arm over the window beside the front door. That way I can see it from the bed and the dinette. How would I run the cables? The outlet is located under the kitchen cabinets
SSminnow, did you ever figure out how to mount the TV and run the wires? I just bought my Clipper 17BH and want to mount my TV in the same spot. Any help would be appreciated.
aspano79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:06 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspano79 View Post
SSminnow, did you ever figure out how to mount the TV and run the wires? I just bought my Clipper 17BH and want to mount my TV in the same spot. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello,
I am looking at mounting a TV in the same spot with a swivel arm. It felt like there was a stud back there. Did this work for you? What size TV did you end up putting in? I'm thinking 24'' would work best.

I am thinking of running cables up through the cabinet and over the door.

Any suggestions or pictures would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Cirem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 01:25 PM   #11

Found this thread that has pictures from SSMinnow:
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...bh-112160.html
Cirem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:08 AM   #12
CDM

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1474812391.431404.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	84.8 KB
ID:	121207
This location is much sturdier per the FR rep I spoke to. The 1x1 studs are not designed to hold a mount safely but it is up to you.

2015 Colorado LT
2015 Clipper 17BH
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums