Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #1

1979 itasca sunflyer

I have a coleman funace automatic ignition. and i followed the directions, by turning switch on and turning gas valve on and then turning the thermostat on. The blower comes on and off and i got no flame in the
window.
Now this may sound silly but i want to make sure. On the gas valve. Do i turn the (on), on the valve to the arrow where it says pilot adjust?
Again i have no manual. i do have the cover that tells me how to do it, but i just feel im not doing something right.
Please help
Thank, Mark
p.s. thanks for the tip on the generator and ac
Mark Dinkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:39 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Been a while since I have seen a Coleman, so I may not be correct. I would assume that you want the gas valve on, not on pilot. If it has a pilot, that would have to be lit somehow. Why not post the furnace model number here, and maybe someone has a manual or try searching for one on the web.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:43 PM   #3

We had a '79 Minni Winni back in the 80s that had the same furnace. I believe you have to first light the pilot, then it should work more or less like a normal home gas furnace. The pilot should stay lit all the time until you are done with it, then turn it off.

If you have a model number on the furnace do a Google search for it. I would not be surprised to find a manual for it somewhere.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 05:38 AM   #4

Lets see if your furnace has automatic ignition you will not have a pilot light, and vise virsa. With the automatic ignition you will turn the gas valve to on. It will take some time for the gas to flow it it. The furnace will recycle again and again until the gas arrives. If you do have a pilot light you will need to turn the valve to pilot, push down on the valve while lighting the pilot at the furnace.
cardinal4fun is offline   Reply With Quote