Old 05-30-2012, 05:24 AM   #1

1st camper.. Need help..

I recently bought a 2005 28ft work and play by forest river. I don't know much about these but was told by previous owner that the hot water heater only works with the gas hooked up. I was wondering if it's true. I thought it should work either way. Being i have it hooked up at a camp ground. Also it was originally black and from the sun it's faded. I wanted to see if anyone ever had the same problem and found a wax or solution for this problem. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks a lot in advance. If its easier you can PM me.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #2
H2oski

If you can post the MDL # and brand of the hot water heater may be able to help. Pull the outside cover off the water heater and look at the bottom left for a black toggle switch behind the gas tube. If it has one switch it on and turn the gas off. That should be the hot water electric switch.

Take a look at this link for postion of switch.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...r-23615-3.html

Can't help for the paint, other than I use to use a product for faded paint and it worked great. It was called liquid Glass. 2 part cleaned and wax. worth every dime.

Also welcome to the forum, you will find alot of info and alot of GREAT people willing to help here.

(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 07:38 AM   #3

If the hot water heater you have is working on gas and electric there is a possibility that the electric element is burnt out and it work only on propane. It is easy to toast an element if the element has been running dry without water. For your water tank cover just remove it from the trailer and repaint it with a can of black spray paint. Prepare the cover first by removing all the wax you put because the paint will not stick. Good luck!
Old 05-30-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_lifter2010 View Post
I recently bought a 2005 28ft work and play by forest river. I don't know much about these but was told by previous owner that the hot water heater only works with the gas hooked up. I was wondering if it's true. I thought it should work either way. Being i have it hooked up at a camp ground. Also it was originally black and from the sun it's faded. I wanted to see if anyone ever had the same problem and found a wax or solution for this problem. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks a lot in advance. If its easier you can email me at...
Posting your email in an open forum is never a good idea. It will expose you to more spam than you can imagine. Having a yahoo "throw away" email is a good idea (instead of your ISP's email), but it is still a hassle to keep changing it every 6-9 months when your inbox fills up with junk.

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #5
Moderators' Assistant

high lifter, Herk's right. that's why we have the PM system here, so you get private messages without having to post your actual email address.
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:45 PM   #6

H20ski. I didn't see a switch of any kind. Also where can I find the model number? Also thanks for the information on the email thing. I wasn't even thinking? How can I take it off?
Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Also thanks for the information on the email thing. I wasn't even thinking? How can I take it off?
Done!!

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Triguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:42 PM   #8
Moderators' Assistant

Quote:
thanks for the information on the email thing. I wasn't even thinking? How can I take it off?
Triguy beat me!!
2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255, pushing a 2014 Ford F150 4x4 3.5 Ecoboost w/Max Tow Package
Equalizer WDH and Prodigy BC
bikendan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:26 PM   #9

Thank you for that. I used the hot water heater today with propane and it worked great but I would like to find out if I could set it up as electric as well. Also where could I find the model number on the trailer for y'all?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:29 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Thank you for that. I used the hot water heater today with propane and it worked great but I would like to find out if I could set it up as electric as well. Also where could I find the model number on the trailer for y'all?
sticker on d/s front
sticker on inside cupboard doors in kitchen or next to entry door .
insurance card.
registration.
bill of sale

Tags
led pad