Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-20-2008, 07:38 AM   #1

1st Night

We picked up our '09 Rockwood 8313ss yesterday and the dealer put us up in their campground for a couple of nights. All went well on our 1st night except 2 things...The first should be easy to fix. It is one of the reading lights above the bed did not work. The second may be more complex...The air mattress in the couch did not hold air. We pumped it up around 10 pm and my 2 boys (ages 6 and 3) slept together in it and around 4 am my older boy woke me up b/c the bed was flat. Has anyone else had this problem and what was the fix? Tonight they will be sleeping on the other couch air mattress to check it out. We are just waiting for the dealer to open this morning so we can discuss it with them.

BTW the Concertone seemed to work fine. The TV had slight static to it, so we will be sure to mention it to the dealer as well...

Other than our minor glitches all was well and we just love our new home away from home. It is so beautiful and roomy. We were all able to be inside last night without sitting on top of each other.

Thanks for any input...Will keep you posted as to what the dealer said.

Mike & Lori
Jared (6), Ryan (3) and Peyton (3 months)
Haley (German Shepherd)
lori08360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #2
The Jolly Mon

Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Good to hear. Things happen even when new. (I can't believe the '09's are out...it makes mine sound old already!) Enjoy!

2018 Wildwood Grand Lodge 42 DLTS
-Seasonal Space, Northern MN.
-2017 Sylvan 8522 LZ LES/115 Merc/Sea Legs
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 04:28 PM   #3

Sorry to hear about your "flat"!!! Check the front side of the air mattress, there you'll find a cap for manual inflation from a battery operated pump, and the cap or plug may possibly be loose. Ours works great,and we have used it several times now. Randy
Flowmaster "true duals", 380 h.p., Bilstein shocks
08flagvlite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #4

Maybe we should give ours a try, we had them demo the pump and deflate, but as yet no one has tried sleeping on it yet?
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote