Old 10-02-2014, 04:26 PM   #1
1st Tire Blow Out

We have had our Puma Unleashed for about 6 months now and had our 1st tire blow yesterday.
Of course the tire is toast but when it come apart, it tore up the fender flare and ripped the plastic cover and tore out the insulation above the tire.
I am sure for a small toke of my appreciation the dealer can get me a new fender flare. Any ideas or mods for replacing the plastic and insulation?

jreh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
Sorry to hear. Lots of complaints about the tires. Maybe with my reply to freshen your question someone who has had the experience will comment. My trailer hasn't even had its maiden voyage yet.

2008 Dodge Durango
2015 Roo 23 ikss
deartruc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:53 PM   #3
Mod free 5er
I know for a fact that it is really disheartening to buy a new trailer and then be confronted with taking off what look to be perfectly good tires and spend $500-$700+ for new tires, steel stems, balancing, but IMO, folks are "Penny wise and pound foolish" to try to get by with using the factory tires. It's better to just bite the bullet and get rid of the factory tires. Sell them on Craigslist or otherwise, BUT DON'T JEOPORDIZE damaging your trailer by trying to save a few dollars.
OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 02:58 PM   #4
Had a tire blow out several months ago. Over 2K in damage. The ins. covered all the cost. Trying to get parts to fix damage is unreal. They will order the parts for you but the shiping will drive you NUTS. My tires were covered only for 1 yr. I replaced all the tires, as I program to replace every 2 yrs. The tire that blew was less than 2yrs old.
The dealer rep who fixed the damage informed me that by getting a plastic shield future damage will be avoided. Where to find one is the question?
Sorry to hear about the tire and damage.
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote