Old 03-09-2011, 02:29 PM   #1

2010 RockWood Roo 23ss wet bed ends

The last time i went camping in the rain the ends where the cloth meets the bed gets wet. looks like wicking through he material. I did have the heat on and it was only me in the trailer at that time.
Now Raining again and set up for some friends that are showing up in a couple of days. With no heat on the ends and sides of the bed are wet and no one staying in the trailer. No condensation in the trailer or the cloth.
Is this happening with anyone else or it a warranty thing.
I have owed to starcraft pop-ups and had no problems with wet ends.
I was thinking of cutting some tarp strips to put where the bed touches the cloth, but if it is a warranty thing i with rockwood take care of it.

thanks for any help

Tom T

Old 03-09-2011, 03:37 PM   #2

I've been hearing this a lot the last couple of days. Makes me nervous! I hope you find some answers.

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 05:10 PM   #3

Yea i know, I have been hearing some. I just had it in for a leak on the front and back so they put a seal on the door to meet the seal on the trailer but i dont think they lined it up right. I will see when we put it back up in a week or so. I have cut some strips of tarp to put around the bed so it does not get wet (hopefuly).
Now of course they want me to take it back (two hour drive) to check. I asked so see if they would make some calls and they said they would.
Does anyone have a PH for Rockwood? Could not seem to find any but will look deeper. lol
Tom T
Old 03-09-2011, 05:31 PM   #4

When our trailer was delivered this past Sunday the front bunk end on the right side was wet...we have had a ton of rain here. So after letting it sit out and dry we packed her all up and today it has rained a couple of inches again and the trailer is dry.

However, I have not had the ends set up in the rain. Is the water coming in from the sides or tops? Is it wicking up the side of the sides or is it getting through the fabric?

I have a couple nice backpacking tents and have never been wet in a tent. It seems the technology here is tried and tested and these bunks ends should not be letting water through. Our Coleman pup always kept us dry and thinking way back to the 1970s with my folks jayco pup, we never got wet in that trailer either.

We might get a night or two in this weekend and will have 9 days in April coming up. We will see if we get wet?
08 Tundra 5.7 liter 4x4 crew cab TRD limited
08 Toyota limited 4 Runner Iforce V8 full time 4WD, tow package
Smokyroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #5

We never had leaks in the Fleetwood PUP, and really don't want any now!

Nights camped in 2011/36, 2012/9, 2013/24, 2014/27; 2015/50 2016: 34
hockeytownmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:33 AM   #6
Moderators' Assistant

this needs to be moved to the Expandable and Hybrid section here, since it's a Hybrid-specific question that other RV's don't have.

do you have pics of where you are talking about? that would help a lot, since i'm not quite getting exactly where you're talking about.
what do you mean by "cloth"? the canvas or the cloth of the mattress?
properly setup, no water should be getting inside the bunk end, since the canvas has a skirt that's below the level of the bunk platform.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:36 PM   #7

I am talking about the Mattress/bedding and where that meets the canvas. does not seem to be higher than that.. So i am thinking it is wicking through the canvas onto the bedding. I have put a tarp piece around the edge of the bed and no wet so i think it is either the canvas or where the canvas is sewn. So i think it is back to the dealer to fix some how.

Tags
23ss, bed