Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2012, 01:55 PM   #1

2013 284BH Scratch On The Floor

Hi I just bought a bran new Cherokee 284BH and during the second time I used the trailer I noticed a scratch on the floor under the slide. I contacted the dealer they asked me to bring it back in when I was done camping with my family. There was also a black grease streak on the carpet, I assumed it was from the tract on the slide. I dropped it off at the dealer and the scratch has since turned into a rip clear through to the wood on the floor. The dear is telling me they have no idea what it is from that there is not a screw or a staple that would be doing it since the tracts actually go under the trailer and not into the living area....but they are still working on it. Has anyone else had a similar problem or have any idea what may be causing it?
billdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #2

There could have been something under the slide that messed up the floor. It sounds like there is stuff from being manufactured. Good luck fixing it. You might need to have the whole floor replaced. I had a tear on the floor of my first 365 saq. The dealer and an authorize forest river repair center couldn't get it fixed correctly. If you end up having the floor replaced I would send it back to the factory.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 03:27 PM   #3

I just put my Avenger 32bhs in the shop for the same problem... they are replacing the floor and hopefully grinding down what ever is dragging... I'll let u know after I pick it up tomorrow what they found and fixed exactly.
pappy1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
Site Team

billddr & pappy1234

I know this isn't the Welcome Mat forum but wanted to give you both a big "Welcome to the forums" hug as you wait to get the floor issue taken care of.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 09:06 PM   #5

Thank you.. glad to be here. :-)
Old 08-16-2012, 09:35 PM   #6

My Berkshire is in the dealer for the same thing. The driver side front slide. They said it was a common issue. I think if that is true I'll have them order some extra tile and matching grout to keep on hand. The warranty period will go by fast. It looks like a stone or anything that gets stuck between the white nylon guides will scratch the floor.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 07:10 AM   #7

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3563485000.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	18244

this is how bad mine got the second time I used it.. it's suposed to be done today
Old 08-17-2012, 05:08 PM   #8

That is bad. The dealer had to order the tile. They did find the problem and corrected it. Terry Town in Grand Rapids are good people!

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 08:12 PM   #9

I was thinking that it would be ready to pick up today... not til Monday...they said that a screw was misguided from the factory.. so they removed it and put one in a different spot to do the job... the repairs are done, but the tech wanted the glue to set on the vinyl and he wanted a couple of days to play with it to make sure that it was fixed right... Leasure Time RV just east of Oklahoma City seems to be doing the right thing! so far. I Recomend them Highly