Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2017, 12:52 PM   #21

If it's a standard unlighted slide out switch. A rocker switch. It should be marked to let you know where your hot lead attaches. You can find you hot lead with a meter or test probe. The other two wires are the in and out function wires. They can go one each on the remaining terminals. It's hard to really give you good advice without actually seeing what your looking at. But from your description this sounds like what your looking at.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 01:21 PM   #22

3 wires into the back of a rocker switch. Push the switch up and slide goes out, push switch down, slide comes in. No lights, bells or whistle. Just want to make sure I plugged the wires in correctly so i don't blow the fuse again.
Turco14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:29 PM   #23

Easy enough then. Look an the back of the switch for the terminal marked for power. May be just a "P" Then determine which wire is hot. I use a simple test probe. Plug that one into the power prong on the switch. And the other two wires go to the other prongs on the switch. If you push the button to go in and it goes out, reverse those two wires. Your in business.
2018 F250 Lariat (ok but I miss my F150)

Getting old ain't for wimps!!!
Stormrider151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 06:08 PM   #24

I'll also mention something i have noticed. I always had a tendency to be in a hurry and just unplug the cord and throw it in the bed of my truck, without throwing the main breaker on the CG connection box. I have since tried to remember to always throw the breaker before I unplug the shore power and have noticed that i haven't tripped a breaker since....FWIW
arter368rlbhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #25

Replaced breaker and connected switch correctly, now the Rep at FR is saying they need to reprogram the controller...
Turco14 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, lite, slide, wildwood