Old 04-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #1

2015 cardinal tech problems

I don't know who was at the drawing board but a sewer hose will not fit in a 4" tube no matter how you try . It has to be at least 5" to fit the coupling in . that is what was on my new 3727re I replaced it with a 6" tube using the same hangers . That is just a start I have had the unit 2 weeks dealer had to replace the max air control box the door on the circuit breaker box opened once and will not stay latched . The real deal is when I unhooked it in my driveway the first day and started to move things in . The door on the entrance side of the under storage latch came right off the door and I could see it happened before because there was another set of holes where it ripped off before . Now I have a latch with machine screws thru and a backer plate . my floor tile at the seam is lifting (not clued down well ) 80,000 dollars later ? all this could have been avoided with a little bit of quality control anyone else having quality problems like this hope the dealer pulls thru for me I called them yesterday and they said i'll get back to ya . hope so starting road trip in 2 weeks .

Old 05-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #2

last time i put the slide out it went out out to far on the bottom in the bedroom didn't notice this before but the stripe on the side is out about a 1" more then the top . i added this to the list and buffalo rv said that a tech would be out Wednesday morning to fix what he could . now as i read more posts their may be frame issues tell me it not so . i thought lippert had fixed the issues they had in 2013 with the hitch box frame cracks .how does someone find out what to look for and even if this is true . My dealer is not very helpful for service or information .hope someone here can shed some light . I still love my camper and hope i can work through this .

Old 05-20-2014, 07:02 PM   #3

well the slide was fixed as promised still waiting on the floor coming up (not glued)to be repaired on our second trip the roll up shade in the rear window fell of the window frame rivets came out only 2 brackets on this a smaller window on the side has 3 . noticed a pretty good scratch in the shower the first time i used it that i didnt notice before . More calls to the dealer one week still waiting for the window brackets and a call for when i can be fixed .how much more can go wrong
Old 05-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #4

ok this week end i went to try the outside speaker and guess what one did not work the magnet is ratteling around in the base not glued well i decided to try the remote for the awning lights didnt work but works on the awning and will try the slide when i get home . just add it to the list . the service department does not seem to like returning phone calls .i know of 3 other people that purchased coaches at buffalo rv and had the same problem with service .Just wondering if there is someone i can talk to at forest river . I can fix most of what ever happens just need some service parts and advice
Old 06-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #5

Just picked up Columbus 320 rs. Closest one we could find was 5 hour drive away. During our pdi, screen door was warped, door glass scratched, tear in awning, drawers not closing, battery box not fastened, cables loose...we have warranty request for awning and window glass. Upon arrival home, drawers were all out and on the floor, fan blade holding by one screw, A/C filter cover cracked and hanging down. Have since found the belly material has missing and broken fasteners. In replacing the drawer under the fridge, found the copper gas line totally kinked. We really like the unit, but where is the quality of workmanship? What else is lurking?
Trying to get the dealer to pay for some extended warranty, but they are not responding as of yet...fingers crossed
Old 06-28-2014, 10:40 PM   #6

welcome to the non existent quality control of FR , you learn how to fix stuff real fast when you own a FR product. my current had a laundry list I had to fix myself with my own money

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 09:57 PM   #7

lateest crap the microwave has not worked for 2 weeks and no reply from dealer till today sent pictures of model and serial number again and they said that fr was the hold up getting parts . i would like to check this out any one know a number to call for fr customer service on a cardinal been waiting since April for some of the parts
Old 07-08-2014, 10:32 PM   #8

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...8&d=1372440800 found this link of contacts mite be helpful

Tags
cardinal