Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2014, 09:27 PM   #1

2015 Mini Lite 2504s Black tank flush issue

Out this week for the 1st time with our new camper and overall really enjoying the camper. Today I had to dump the black water tank for the 1st time and had no issues with that at all. However when I hooked up the black tank flush I was very surprised to see no water at all coming out of tank. Shut the water off and removed hose to make sure I had what I thought was enough pressure and that was not an issue. After hooking hose back up and turning on water I noticed a very small amount of water coming out of tank. I climbed under tank and it sounded like a very small drizzle going into tank, I shut everything off and was just going to worry about it later. Went back into camper to add some water, detergent and water softner to tank and found water underneath the bathroom vanity. After removing the wood panel to expose plumbing I found that the hose coming into check valve for tank flush was pinched off completely because check valve was zip tied up to the sink drain. Was able to cut zip tie and get flush to operate correctly but it seemed to still leak some water from valve as it was not completely upright. I am thinking a 90 degree fitting will take care of issue and I will send dealership an email explaining problem with picture and ask for them to supply said fitting. Any thoughts about my thinking for repair??
A few other things I have learned from our 1st outing;

1) The Tacoma did a good job hauling the camper even in the Ky and Tenn hills, MPG is a different story though. 7-8 MPG tops.
2) We learned that having the camper sealed up tight all night with 4 people sleeping and heat on seemed to create lots of condensation on the wallls and windows. Left the fan on 2nd night and seemed to help issue, will be getting a small dehumidifier in the future.
3) Wife would like to order the counter top ext for extra room when preparing meals.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	64897  

2015 Rockwood Mini Lite 2504s
2015 Toyota Tundra Crewmax
Equal-i-zer hitch
Nights camped 2014 - 6
Nights camped 2015 - 20
AFitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 11:40 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Those Taco's are some great trucks...I was sad to trade my 2005 in this year for a Tundra in order to pull the bigger TT. (But had zero issues with the Taco pulling our 18-foot TT all over Colorado, including 12,000 foot mountain passes...but her little V-6 would sometimes scream!) Your mileage seems a bit low..how much does the trailer weigh? (I got 15-16 mpg and my TT weighed just over 4,000 pounds.)

Wow, did that water hose come from the factory like that? That is a total install failure.

Definitely have your dealer fix that thing for free.

And if you weren't under warranty, a Sharkbite coupler would do the trick:

SharkBite 1/2 in. Brass 90-Degree Push-Fit Elbow-U248LFA at The Home Depot
8-year Travel Trailer RVers
2013 Forest River Rockwood Ultra-Lite 2904SS
2014 Toyota Tundra Maxcrew SR-5 TRD 4x4 (with Firestone airbags in the rear)
ColoradoRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:12 AM   #3

Your Pic.must be turned! Valve should look like this! Without the Kink! Youroo!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2200.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	258.1 KB
ID:	64909  
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 09:35 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Once you get that black tank flush working, you'll LOVE it! This is the first time we've ever had one and boy does that thing do the job. (Make sure you have one of those see-through gadgets so you can watch the waste water coming out...just rinse until it's clear, takes me 2-3 rinses for the black tank.)

3" Valve Hose Adapter - Valterra T1026-1 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World
Old 10-18-2014, 09:41 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
Those Taco's are some great trucks...I was sad to trade my 2005 in this year for a Tundra in order to pull the bigger TT. (But had zero issues with the Taco pulling our 18-foot TT all over Colorado, including 12,000 foot mountain passes...but her little V-6 would sometimes scream!) Your mileage seems a bit low..how much does the trailer weigh? (I got 15-16 mpg and my TT weighed just over 4,000 pounds.)

Wow, did that water hose come from the factory like that? That is a total install failure.

Definitely have your dealer fix that thing for free.

And if you weren't under warranty, a Sharkbite coupler would do the trick:

SharkBite 1/2 in. Brass 90-Degree Push-Fit Elbow-U248LFA at The Home Depot
Yes, new from the factory that way so warranty is no issue. Just very suprised that it was like that.

The trailer comes in a little over 4800lbs dry and thinking maybe an additional 500lbs or so with all our gear with us. Whats the Tundra giving you with your set up?

Equal-i-zer hitch
Nights camped 2014 - 6
Nights camped 2015 - 20
Old 10-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Your Pic.must be turned! Valve should look like this! Without the Kink! Youroo!!
Yes pic turned when uploading. Looks like your water input comes in very low compared to mine. Ours comes in almost at top of vanity and then is turned down which requires a sharp turn up to get to valve. I have sent the dealership an email this morning and waiting a response.

Equal-i-zer hitch
Nights camped 2014 - 6
Nights camped 2015 - 20
Old 10-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoRick View Post
Once you get that black tank flush working, you'll LOVE it! This is the first time we've ever had one and boy does that thing do the job. (Make sure you have one of those see-through gadgets so you can watch the waste water coming out...just rinse until it's clear, takes me 2-3 rinses for the black tank.)

3" Valve Hose Adapter - Valterra T1026-1 - Sewer Fittings & Adapters - Camping World
I picked up the clear hose coupling before making this trip, it definately helps being able to see whats going on. I was able to hold the line and valve in correct position while the wife work the flush outside. She said it seemed to do a good job and definately got more out even after 1st flush showed clear water. When I get it set up correctly I am sure we will be happy to have this option.
Love Colorado by the way. I have spent time in Both the White River and Routt National Forests Elk hunting, amazing country out there.

Equal-i-zer hitch
Nights camped 2014 - 6
Nights camped 2015 - 20
Old 10-18-2014, 02:31 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

We are getting just over 12 mpg with the Tundra and Rockwood. But that's just in the high-country here (>5,500 feet) and through the hills. I hope to get better mileage when we are at lower elevations and on flatter roads.

Tags
black, black tank, black tank flush, tank