Old 10-31-2015, 12:06 AM   #11

My old Rockwood TT would not level the same. I went by the bedroom being level because if it wasn't level, Momma wasn't happy and the trip wasn't any fun.

Old 11-01-2015, 03:11 PM   #12

I have a two way level stuck on top of the tongue (FlagStaff 28rlws, just under the from stone guard.
Seem to be close enough. Used same method with my two previous TT.

Old 11-02-2015, 06:35 AM   #13
MCTroy

We use boards to level side to side when we can but they are cumbersome to haul around. How do you use those Anderson levelers? I can see how you can pull up on one tire but how do they level the other one? The yellow Lego blocks are ok for small adjustments but we didn't have much luck stacking more than 2 of them. We are leveling our 35 foot windjammer so it is heavy. Thanks fur the advise. We will be ready for next year.
Hurry Spring 2018! We have plans ready!
MCTroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 06:51 AM   #14

You put one leveler in front (or back) of each tire on the side you need to raise and either drive up or back up on them. They are easy to use and very quick to get your rig level. We use them with our 32' TT
Old 11-02-2015, 06:52 AM   #15

If you choose to level with the orange or yellow Lego blocks for side to side leveling, you can accentually build a "ramp" by progressively stacking 2 or more stacks (per wheel) with increasingly more blocks on the 2nd/3rd stacks. This will allow you you raise one side of the RV 1-4" which should work in most campgrounds.
2015 Ram Laramie Hemi, w/air suspension
30 years RV'ing
12 different RV's
RSchleder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 10:24 PM   #16
MCTroy

Ok, this helps. I saw the pic with one in front of the first tire and then behind the second tire. I couldn't figure out how to level both tires on that side. Where we usually park the passenger or right side is down hill. So we would put a leveler in front of both tires and pull up on them, then click quickly chock to keep the tires from rolling off when disconnected. Now, to remember this until next spring!
Old 11-02-2015, 10:28 PM   #17
MCTroy

I flunked legos. We tried stacking up the yellow blocks but they can apart when we backed over them. Maybe we needed a few more to make them longer and more gradual?
Old 11-02-2015, 10:47 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCTroy View Post
I flunked legos. We tried stacking up the yellow blocks but they can apart when we backed over them. Maybe we needed a few more to make them longer and more gradual?
try inter linking them and make them more gradual

if you stack 5 on the bottom, then use the next one to overlap the seam and move on, keep doing that
Old 11-03-2015, 12:30 PM   #19
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdbrn View Post
OK, again after reading a question and answers I have to ask another question. Where and how do you guys get your level reading??
In trailers past I've had the bubble levels on the front and or sides of a trailer, I've tried the small square target levels on the counter next to the fridge, or on the floor in the living room near the entry door so it can be seen.
Level in one place isn't level in all places! My doors not staying in one spot or the shower drain tells me that one! So what do you guys do?
Anyone use those newer fancy electronic levelers that indicate level with lights?
I'm really curious about this!
I try to get a reading directly on the frame with a 3 or 4 foot level.
Old 11-03-2015, 12:43 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdbrn View Post
OK, again after reading a question and answers I have to ask another question. Where and how do you guys get your level reading??
In trailers past I've had the bubble levels on the front and or sides of a trailer, I've tried the small square target levels on the counter next to the fridge, or on the floor in the living room near the entry door so it can be seen.
Level in one place isn't level in all places! My doors not staying in one spot or the shower drain tells me that one! So what do you guys do?
Anyone use those newer fancy electronic levelers that indicate level with lights?
I'm really curious about this!
You will more likely be level in all areas when you level properly with lynx blocks or similar, and not the stabilizers that are stressing your frame. If you still can't get level in multiple areas, perhaps the frame has already been damaged by improper leveling with the stabilizers.

2015 RAM 1500 5.7L V8
2015 Coachmen Freedom Express 292BHDS
Loraura is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, salem, trailer, travel, travel trailer