Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 07:12 AM   #1

2016 Gray Wolf 26dbh cable/antenna question

OK, first time hooking up TV.
When hooking up TV there looks to be only 1 coax connection which seems to be the antenna and the TV woks fine. My question, If I hook up satellite or cable how do I switch over to either of them? I know where the hook up is on the outside. If I hook cable up will it switch over automatically, how does it work?
I hope I am clear.
Thanks.
Lukegsdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:57 AM   #2

You will have to find the cable connection on the outside. Normally opposite the main entry door side. Once found and connected to cable then inside cable connection has a green led light meaning the booster for the outside antenna is on. Turn it off with a small button on the wall plate that the inside coax and led are on by pushing the small button. Once the led is off it switched the coax from the roof antenna to the outside coax connection.
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 08:44 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simplewon View Post
You will have to find the cable connection on the outside. Normally opposite the main entry door side. Once found and connected to cable then inside cable connection has a green led light meaning the booster for the outside antenna is on. Turn it off with a small button on the wall plate that the inside coax and led are on by pushing the small button. Once the led is off it switched the coax from the roof antenna to the outside coax connection.
See the outside connection. So when I switch to Satellite or cable from antenna do I need to take coax out of TV and connect to Sat Receiver? There is only 1 outlet from the plate which is coax connection? The receiver needs coax running to it from the dish, correct.
Thanks.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:06 AM   #4

What is the round 12v receptacle used for that the coax cable hooks in to by the TV hook ups?
Winegard 12 Volt/TV Outlet White TG-7341 what's the 12v
Old 06-30-2016, 04:57 PM   #5

The 12 volt cigar lighter jack is for tv's that are 12 volt or any other 12 volt device you may need to plug in. Yes, the set top box would go between the coax jack on the wall near the tv and the tv. Because the booster and switch are built into the back side of the wall plate some devices may not work through it. Such as sat tv. You can bypass the booster and switch by removing the cable connections behind the wall plate to go directly from the outside cable in jack to the tv jack but if you remove any of the cables behind the inside plate be sure to label them all first. Take pictures also.

I would try the satelite tv box between the inside wall coax plate and tv first with the outside coax connected to the dish and the led off on the inside wall. It it works great. If not you either need to add a coax from the dish to inside satelite box then tv OR remove the inside coax jack and deal with the factory wiring to get the circuit board booster switch out of the circuit. Keep in mind there is 12 volts supplied to it. Battery cut off switch off or disconnected with no power to the converter during that to prevent shorts while handling it. I have an external antenna with a booster I sometimes connect to the outside coax. The booster on the antenna will not power up through the campers booster/switch. I have to bypass the booster switch to get it out of the circuit to get the third party external antenna to turn on. Its a 120 mile amazon digital 30 dollar antenna I put on a pool cleaning pole off the back bumper if i am in an area with no channels from the stock antenna on the roof. as info
Simplewon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:50 PM   #6

Didn't see it mentioned, but as you switch from cable to antenna, you need to reprogram the channels on the TV.

Tags
antenna, grey water