Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2019, 10:49 AM   #1

221RBS Lippert Stabilizers

On our 2016 Vibe 221RBS the front and rear stabilizers will not work with the switches, however they work just fine with the remote?

Is there a separate fuse for the switches?
GeoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:29 AM   #2
Retired Old Fart

I would think not, as the motor is what's going to be the load and I would expect the fusing to be on the main line into the unit, not the switches. Can you pull the switch and then test for 12v at the switch that's not working? I'm not familiar with those exact switches (can you post photo?), but next thing to do would to test the switch if it's a simple analog switch and not a digital panel you are having issues with (ie, pull the switch and check for continuity when in the "on" position if it's a simple analog switch).

May have a wire that's worked loose over time or a bad switch.
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 01:16 PM   #3

Stabilizers switches not working

I thought that as well, but it is both exterior switches, not just one of them. Big coincidence if the same problem occurred on both of them, which is what made me think of a fuse, but the remote still works them both.
GeoD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 09:44 PM   #4

221RBS Lippert Stabilizers

Not your model rig—but mine had circuit breakers inline with the switch. I suspect the circuit breakers were for temporary overload condition. I wanted to share as there was a protection device near the switch.

Agree odd coincidence but it’s likely the same 12v source which would explain it. Look at the wiring near the closest switch to the battery and check for 12v as noted above.
2011 Starcraft 392BHUw/Andersen No-Sway

chaps2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 12:01 PM   #5
Site Team

The manual switches and the remote functions are fed from separate power feeds, so they have separate fuses. The remote has fuses on the receiver and the manual switch power will have fuses somewhere else. Our landing gear manual switch fuse is hidden in the wiring loom near the battery. Others have reset-able breakers near the batteries.

Look for fuses near the batteries.

Tags
stabilizer, stabilizers