Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2016, 03:27 PM   #21

In most campgrounds I keep my progressive unit plugged in. I was at Ocean Lakes campground in Myrtle Beach SC and another camper 5erTom from FROG was there and he has his progressive unit plugged in. I said I wouldn't think as nice a campground as Ocean Lakes is that they would have problem with electric. He said lighting, I keep mine plugged in now all the time, even at home

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2016, 05:44 PM   #22

I bought my Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C after my full timer told of his experiences with surge and other specialty power "protection" devices before he got a PI EMS. High/low, reverse polarity, open ground/neutral and surge and made in the USA with a lifetime warranty. Saved my electronics from under/over voltage several times.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:09 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. J. Schuler View Post
I bought my Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C after my full timer told of his experiences with surge and other specialty power "protection" devices before he got a PI EMS. High/low, reverse polarity, open ground/neutral and surge and made in the USA with a lifetime warranty. Saved my electronics from under/over voltage several times.
crunchman12001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:23 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25FKS View Post
Thanks for all the great Feedback -finally lol. This why I joined this forum. Unbiased info.

Ok, how does one lock it to prevent nice people from permanently borowing it? I see the ring, but how is it locked to TT?

OOPs I just looked up. I guess I could get the hard wired version instead.
I use a heavy duty bicycle lock and chain. You don't lock it to the TT, you lock it to the power post. Lock it to the post then plug it in. Let it go thru a couple of cycles and you should see a code "E 0". This means everything has tested good. Then plug your trailer in.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:35 AM   #25

I have a bicycle lock cable.it's a 3/16 steel cable about 15" long and has loops at the ends. loop it thru the power station & thru the surge protector lock it with a padlock.also you can lock most power stations closed after plugging the protector. they have a hole in the cover and case. I have both a 30amp progressive ind.protector and a 50 amp.they work great
Mark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 10:39 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25FKS View Post
FYI, I was all set to purchase the EMS-HW30C in anticipation of wiring up my soon to be TT.

Their website has it at full list price ($299 + S&H), Amazon has it for $239 plus free s&h, a post on their website had soemone getting it for $183.20 a couple of months ago.

Kathi Moore / Office Manager of Progressive Industries, Inc. said after a lengthgy discussion, lack of a call back, ... "I’m sorry but we can’t honor the price of $183.20. That was a special sale we were running over the holiday."

As they say on “Pawn Stars”, Let me know if you reconsider or put it on sale again. I can wait or get something else - only because of the extentensive grief from everyone I had to talk to at Progressive Industries. A simple no would have been sufficient and I would have probably bought it on Amazon.

I am sure it works, but now I question their claims and possible warranty.
PI is the undisputed best out there. If you do a search you will see that the few that have had a problem with their unit have had it repaired or replaced without any problems. They do stand behind their warranty.

Keep in mind most posts on a forum such as this one are complaints or questions. You will find very few complaints about PSI surge protectors listed here.

Jim
Old 04-12-2016, 11:35 AM   #27

I bought 2 ( 1 for me,1 for my son)of the 30 amp ones from amazon in 2015 they were $257.00 each including shipping.After seeing my friends converters 2 of em burn up I don't regret the purchase.my new class A requires a 50 amp one and it was one of the first purchases I made after getting the class A.it was $295.00 a month or so ago
Mark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 10:48 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark1 View Post
I bought 2 ( 1 for me,1 for my son)of the 30 amp ones from amazon in 2015 they were $257.00 each including shipping.After seeing my friends converters 2 of em burn up I don't regret the purchase.my new class A requires a 50 amp one and it was one of the first purchases I made after getting the class A.it was $295.00 a month or so ago
I bought mine, a 30 amp portable, about a year ago. I haven't had an problems but after reading some of the posts on here decided it was cheap insurance. Where I normally go there is no problems but plan on traveling this year if I can. If it saves me one converter it is worth every penny!

Jim