Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2017, 01:53 PM   #1

312QBUD water pump issues

So I had something odd happen while dry camping. Filled my tank with about 25 gallons of fresh water, well a few hours later my wife complained the pump was running non-stop. Ran the water and it sputtered, checked gauge and it read 1/3 and then empty. Ok I thought I was out of water. Checked low point drain and it trickled. Got home and opened the low point drain again, water poured out for probably a half hour! Tried pump and it worked perfect! Any ideas? My father in law thought I had some sort of air pocket
Michael5457 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:05 PM   #2
Scoundrel

Air in the line, particularly at the pump will do that. When I put water in my FW tank I also hook up to the city water inlet and fill the lines with water before leaving.
HangDiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:08 PM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
Air in the line, particularly at the pump will do that. When I put water in my FW tank I also hook up to the city water inlet and fill the lines with water before leaving.
x2...

also feel free to check out the 31qbud owners thread and share with us your modifications and tips for our awesome trailers.
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:10 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HangDiver View Post
If the problem still occurs after following HandDiver's suggestion, trace your water lines to the pump and make sure that the connections on the pump ends are secure and not allowing any air to get drawn in through the suction end. We had a suction connection that had a loose worm screw clamp...

'18 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8299BS
'14 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL (SOLD)
Tow Rig: 2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7L Diesel
CodyPereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:33 PM   #5

I had the same problem with my 340rk this weekend, I need to get to my water pump this weekend..Does anybody know the easiest way to get to the water pump of my 5th wheel ? I'll star by looking behind my water inlets..
5 stars
MacDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDR View Post
Does anybody know the easiest way to get to the water pump of my 5th wheel ? I'll star by looking behind my water inlets..
In my Rockwood, most of the utilities and equipment are behind a carpeted panel in the pass-thru belly storage area. I need to get to mine soon too, I do not have much faith after seeing the workmanship that goes into building these campers to assume that everything was tightened properly. Last weekend I found while using my black tank flush that the pipe connection to the vent under the master vanity sink was crossthreaded and held on with two threads. Easy to locate the issue, follow the waterfall! (my camper is three weeks old)

'18 Rockwood Signature Ultra Lite 8299BS
'14 Salem Cruise Lite 261BHXL (SOLD)
Tow Rig: 2014 RAM 2500 Laramie Longhorn 6.7L Diesel
CodyPereira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 01:53 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyPereira View Post
In my Rockwood, most of the utilities and equipment are behind a carpeted panel in the pass-thru belly storage area. I need to get to mine soon too, I do not have much faith after seeing the workmanship that goes into building these campers to assume that everything was tightened properly. Last weekend I found while using my black tank flush that the pipe connection to the vent under the master vanity sink was crossthreaded and held on with two threads. Easy to locate the issue, follow the waterfall! (my camper is three weeks old)
That where I was going to start.. I took a couple of screws out of the carpeted panel in my storage battery and did see behind it a bit but will have to empty my underbelly and climb in to investigate further and remove a larger piece of the panel.
5 stars
MacDR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pump, water, water pump