Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 05:45 PM   #21

All very funny stuff.

In South Louisiana, this is a very rare occurrence for us. 5 or 6 nights in a row with sub 30 degree weather is really unusual. The wife and I drained all the lines and I bought a piece for the city water connection to connect my air compressor. We probably blew 2+ gallons of water out of the lines. I am so glad that water isn't sitting in those lines anymore...
Old 01-03-2018, 06:08 PM   #22

This is the 1st year I've done anything and just put 35# of air through the lines. Then 2 days ago added pink to the drains. Now wondering if that will be enough. This is really rare here, usually not a concern until after we leave for FL. Tomorrow is our scheduled departure day~~ looks NOT to happen at this point.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #23

You know I've had time to think about this. Maybe he is right, his unit has not froze up for four years. Just sayin
Old 01-03-2018, 06:23 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
You know I've had time to think about this. Maybe he is right, his unit has not froze up for four years. Just sayin
He lives in the Tropics of Texas, we haven't seen a hard freeze in at least that long! Hope he doesn't learn a hard lesson.
Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 PM   #25

DavidBo apparently the Tropics of Texas aren't in Kansas anymore, as all of a sudden most of the forum posts are about cold weather things.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:22 PM   #26

Quote:
DavidBo apparently the Tropics of Texas aren't in Kansas anymore, as all of a sudden most of the forum posts are about cold weather things.
Correction: We are in Kansas! It started early December, with the first measurable snowfall in over a decade, and now we're getting lows in the 20's. Many of the older homes in the area used pier and beam construction rather than concrete foundations, all that exposed plumbing can't handle these temps and burst pipes will be inevitable.
As usual it will be short-lived; back to the upper 60's by the weekend. I loved the cold as a kid living in Illinois, now as an old(er) f*rt...not so much.
Old 01-03-2018, 08:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
Correction: We are in Kansas! It started early December, with the first measurable snowfall in over a decade, and now we're getting lows in the 20's. Many of the older homes in the area used pier and beam construction rather than concrete foundations, all that exposed plumbing can't handle these temps and burst pipes will be inevitable.
As usual it will be short-lived; back to the upper 60's by the weekend. I loved the cold as a kid living in Illinois, now as an old(er) f*rt...not so much.
I hear ya ~ that's why we left Vermont & being older pharts!! Just can't figure out why it's 29*F here in Argyle right now. I shall not complain though since there isn't any of that white stuff!!
Old 01-03-2018, 08:53 PM   #28

So much for global warming
Old 01-03-2018, 10:56 PM   #29
MCTroy

DH and I were both sick when we winterized the WJ. Sure hope we didn't miss anything. -11 here yesterday and not getting any better for a week. As a little added security, I paid another payment on the extended warranty!
Old 01-03-2018, 11:32 PM   #30

Quote:
The global warming is in Alaska. They were 20 to 40 degrees above average. 😎
Old 01-03-2018, 11:57 PM   #31

Is it "Global" warming if one state is warmer while many others are freezing their buns off?
Heading home to AZ after a miserable (weather wise) holiday visit in TX. So happy to be outta there.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:19 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I when it's 4 degrees above zero, the man is constipated.
No, he’s thinking.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:51 AM   #33
Just as confused as you

Quote:
The media and politicians term is global warming. The scientific term is climate change.

The term climate change means the following:
1) areas which were normally warm most of the time are now getting colder.
2) areas which used to be cold most of the time are now getting warmer.
3) dry areas are growing or shifting to other areas.
4) wet areas are drying out or getting wetter than normal.
(both #3 & #4 have an impact on the number and size of wildfires)
5) storms such as hurricanes are getting stronger, larger, containing more water, and occurring more often.
6) thunderstorms are getting more severe with more rainfall.
7) tornadoes are getting more numerous, stronger, and developing in areas where they were not so common.
8) last but not least significant is the polar icecaps shrinking and ocean levels rising.

There is much more to it than I have outlined above. Scientist are saying that the northern passage will replace the Panama Canal once the Arctic ice sheet is clear enough for year around passage which could happen sometime between 2020 and 2030.

Panama charges 10% of the value of a ships cargo for passage. If the northern passage opens up to shipping then corporations will use the passage and not pay Panama to use the canal. Do you think once that happens that prices will go down? Not likely. Just like assembly robots and computers were supposed to lower costs.

Well, I'm off my soapbox, but do yourself a favor and quit watching Faux (Fox) News.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 01-04-2018, 06:46 AM   #34

WHOA !!! That's all I got.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:52 AM   #35

Snowboarding in Central Florida this year. Last night temps fell to 30f. Got up this morning to almost no water pressure. Turned on all the faucets and gradually recovered pressure. I'm having to to use 75 feet of city water hose due to a faulty spickit at my site which probably contributed to my issue. Tonight temps are predicted to dip below freezing again. I plan to let my kitchen sink faucet run at a trickle all night. Not worried about my tanks as the underside is enclosed.
Old 01-04-2018, 06:52 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post
The media and politicians term is global warming. The scientific term is climate change.

5) storms such as hurricanes are getting stronger, larger, containing more water, and occurring more often.
7) tornadoes are getting more numerous, stronger, and developing in areas where they were not so common.
8) last but not least significant is the polar icecaps shrinking and ocean levels rising.

There is much more to it than I have outlined above. Scientist are saying that the northern passage will replace the Panama Canal once the Arctic ice sheet is clear enough for year around passage which could happen sometime between 2020 and 2030.

Panama charges 10% of the value of a ships cargo for passage. If the northern passage opens up to shipping then corporations will use the passage and not pay Panama to use the canal. Do you think once that happens that prices will go down? Not likely. Just like assembly robots and computers were supposed to lower costs.

Well, I'm off my soapbox, but do yourself a favor and quit watching Faux (Fox) News.
and after all that....not one single computer model can validate a single thing you posted without the data being manipulated to make the model work. The climate data has been corrupted so bad, no one knows what the original data is or was. That is a "proven" fact that the beloved MSM refuses to report on. A soapbox is great...if the truth is spoken.
Old 01-04-2018, 07:39 AM   #37
"On the road again"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrtexas View Post
I asked a friend of mine a few weeks ago if had winterized his TT (when we were expecting 20's in DFW). His response was "do I need to winterize if I'm taking it out again in a few weeks"?

What?
Unfortunately...they live among us!!

Robert & Estha Shiflet
Georgetown XL 378TS
Jeep Gladiator Willys Tow Vehicle
Old 01-04-2018, 08:51 AM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
Hardcore RV winterizing is not a big thing down in my parts as real hard freezes are a rarity. However, like much of the country, over the next few days we will be experiencing that rare hard freeze. I have several friends with trailers so my portable air tank and hose fitting have been making the rounds blowing out RV water lines all across the Coastal Bend, and Wal-Mart finally sold a few gallons of the pink stuff.
I was talking to one friend of mine, who I thought was an experienced RV owner, about winterizing his rig. His response?

"My trailer was already winterized when I bought it 4 years ago."

I'm rarely at a loss for words, this was one of those times.
You just cant fix STUPID OPPS THATS WILL OFEND SOMEONE with me saying that
let us know hat happens when he goes camping
Old 01-04-2018, 09:34 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
and after all that....not one single computer model can validate a single thing you posted without the data being manipulated to make the model work. The climate data has been corrupted so bad, no one knows what the original data is or was. That is a "proven" fact that the beloved MSM refuses to report on. A soapbox is great...if the truth is spoken.
Well it did make Al Gore a billionaire. If anyone still feels guilty they can send me a check and I'll plant a tree for them. Not that long ago it was global cooling. Change has been going on for millions of years and now used to make and/or waste billions of dollars. Too bad so many are easily swayed by the MSM and their politicians and advertisers.

edit ~~ just saw this on another thread here and it is even more appropriate here ~~~~ "Hug a tree... You'll feel better and your blood pressure will thank you"
Old 01-04-2018, 11:19 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper View Post

Hmm, someone recently said something like this, “I was cold yesterday, global warming is over. I ate today, global hunger is over.” To which I add, l fueled up my car, yesterday. We have plenty of fossil fuel.

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
Closed Thread

Tags
winter