Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWolfPaq82 View Post
and after all that....not one single computer model can validate a single thing you posted without the data being manipulated to make the model work. The climate data has been corrupted so bad, no one knows what the original data is or was. That is a "proven" fact that the beloved MSM refuses to report on. A soapbox is great...if the truth is spoken.
Are you kidding? Every year the weather gets more severe. In western NY we’ve had tornadoes touch down more than once a year, whereas we’ve never had them before. Also how would you explain the 2 major hurricanes in a row? They weren’t computer models. 😊
Old 01-04-2018, 12:11 PM   #42
Part-Time

Amen to that

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
We haven't had an above freezing day in a few weeks with a quite a number of sub zero temperatures. Even though it's far too late to do anything about it, occasionally I will run through the winterization steps I performed back in October in my head hoping there was nothing I forgot.
Had a Kit Road Ranger for 21 years and never had any trouble with it but since I got my Rockwood 2618 I have had some many problems that I keep expecting something to fail including the winterizing process that I did for 20 winters. Headed down to southern Utah in a couple of weeks so I guess we will see.
Old 01-04-2018, 12:41 PM   #43
Insert witty title here

I'm not a meteorologist so I don't claim any special knowledge of the whole climate change debate. I can, however read a weather report. The instances of abnormal weather are increasing. There are more hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, droughts and other severe weather than there ever was in my lifetime. I don't know if climate change is the cause or this is just the natural cycle of weather on this tiny space rock we call home but what I do know is that It makes me worry.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
Old 01-04-2018, 12:48 PM   #44

Admin warning in 3...2...
Old 01-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #45
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I'm not a meteorologist so I don't claim any special knowledge of the whole climate change debate. I can, however read a weather report. The instances of abnormal weather are increasing. There are more hurricanes, tornadoes, floods, droughts and other severe weather than there ever was in my lifetime. I don't know if climate change is the cause or this is just the natural cycle of weather on this tiny space rock we call home but what I do know is that It makes me worry.
I too don't have any special meteorological knowledge but I can tell you the 'sensationalism' of reporting these weather events has become big business.

Please understand, I'm not taking anything away from those who have been affected by severe weather recently but I will tell you, in my area we get a fair amount of snow (150+inches) but anymore, if we're to get 2" of snow, they bombard the airwaves like it's our last days on earth.

As with all other things, in today's world of instant media, things seem to be made into a much bigger deal than yesteryear.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
Old 01-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #46

A Fresh Perspective on Winterizing

All I'm gonna say is it has to be something in the water, or maybe something that's not in the water.

I watch Fox News. Fair and Balanced.

Could it be intentional geoglobal climate alteration, by such things as chem trails? Ancient Alien theorist say yes.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:06 PM   #47
Just as confused as you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich5117 View Post
All I'm gonna say is it has to be something in the water, or maybe something that's not in the water.

I watch Fox News. Fair and Balanced.

Could it be intentional geoglobal climate alteration, by such things as chem trails? Ancient Alien theorist say yes.
That's a joke. Any one can create a slogan. Following that slogan is not in Faux (Fox) News best interest.

Rupert Murdock, an Australian, owns News Corp which owns Fox News. News Corp has as its second largest shareholder Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal. Prince Alwaleed’s uncle, King Abdullah, actually rules Saudi Arabia. Alwaleed ordered News Corp not to allow any of it's subsidiaries to air or print news stories that put Saudi Arabia in bad view with the world.

Fox News, famous for its uncomplicated, gung-ho stance whilst maintaining a mocking notion of neutrality, does not seem like a likely partner" for the Middle Eastern news network. Their coverage of Middle Eastern issues is far from renowned or competent.

Fox News pays systems up to $11 per subscriber to distribute the channel. This contrasts with the normal practice, in which cable and satellite operators pay stations carriage fees for programming.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Old 01-04-2018, 02:16 PM   #48
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBo View Post
Admin warning in 3...2...

Ok, we are going to close this one down for review as it has some very problematic postings currently.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread

Tags
winter