Old 07-03-2008, 11:42 PM   #1
ac problem

Hi all: the weather was quite hot last weekend while we were out, the air conditioning kept triping the breaker on my fuse panel, it would run for 2-3 min then trip again, took it down to the dealer yesterday & they had it running for 3 hours with no problems, the plug in was 30amp at the camp ground, would bad power trip my breaker in my trailer, shouldn't it trip on the pole first?

dooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2008, 08:30 AM   #2
Get one of those power/AC volt monitors that you can just plug in and leave. It is amazing to watch how often the power (voltage level) at some campgrounds can be. When the AC voltage gets too low, your "stuff" starts drawing more amps. Your AC circuit breaker is probably a 20 amp and the pole is a 30.

2013 Georgetown 351
Much more significant other....
2 Kids and a dog that rules!
HookupAndGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
I Had A Very Similar Problem With My Wildwood. I Hope This Helps. Since My Problem Was Solved I Do Not Come To This Sight Regularly But Will Check In To See If It Helps. This May Be Long Though. I Hope I Don't Get Too Confusing. If So Ask And I Will Try To Clarify. First Of All Between The Time You Were Having Your Problem And You Took It Into The Dealer Did You Or The Dealer Recharge Your Battery? If Not This May Not Help. If So, Then Try Disconnecting Your Battery And See If Your Air Conditioning Works. You Will Need To Be Plugged Into An Electrical Outlet That Has The Same Amp Breaker Your Camper Calls For When You Do This. If The Ac Does Not Work Then You Have The Same Set Up As I Do. The Ac Is 110 But The Thermostat Is On 12 Volt And Will Not Work Normally Without A Charged Battery. Which Means Your Power Converter Is Not Recharging The Battery When Plugged In. Which Means Your Power Converter Is Bad. The Reason I Asked About The Battery Was Because After The Same Problem Of Kicking Out After 2 To 3minutes And A Lot Of Other Checking I Charged The Battery To A Full Charge And It Worked Fine For About 3 To 4 Hours Until The Battery Got Weak Again. If This Sounds Familar But You Need More Info Let Me Know. I Spent Days On This. I Finally Had The Power Converter Replaced And It Has Worked Fine Since.
nwflcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
All the manufactures have this problem. the ac is in a double fuse with the main breaker. the main breaker is a 30 and the ac is 20. the 30 breaker overheats the 20 and it trips. get a separate 20 breaker at hardware store.
brimsw is offline   Reply With Quote