Old 02-05-2015, 04:11 PM   #1

Accessing behind the switch panel??

I've been wanting to get behind my switch panel on my 325RES, but can't figure how it comes apart.
This is the panel behind the small door with dark glass which has the light switches, WH control, slide switches, tank monitors, etc.

I've got some mods in mind, and wouldn't mind straightening up some of the crooked switch installs from the factory.

The whole assembly looks to be totally permanent, and I don't really want to start hacking if I can get it apart otherwise.

stock photo:

2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
2006 Silverado 2500HD LT SW ECSB, 6L LQ4/4L80E 4.10s w/16K Curt slider (not necessary), Air Lift bags & Black Bear Performance tune & CAI

Norm & Karen Zondervan
zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 11:33 AM   #2

Mine is not behind a door but it would have to come out from the front. Do you have screws on the panel?

Old 02-06-2015, 02:55 PM   #3

That's the thing, there are no screws or an obvious method for assembly. I can't imagine they could have wired it all up then fastened the whole cabinet to the wall.

It's in storage now, but I recall there being some 1/2"x1/2" trim pieces that may be holding the panel into the cabinet. I might find a way to get into it if I remove this trim, but I would likely destroy the trim when removing it. It wouldn't be to much to replace the trim with some properly stained wood trim if I wanted to take that chance.

2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
2006 Silverado 2500HD LT SW ECSB, 6L LQ4/4L80E 4.10s w/16K Curt slider (not necessary), Air Lift bags & Black Bear Performance tune & CAI

Norm & Karen Zondervan
zs325RES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:00 PM   #4

Very GENTLY try to pry the corners out one at a time to see if there is any give, may be a pop in type of bracket on the back.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #5

Yea, it could be like the radio where there is a clip-on trim on each side which snaps off by sticking a small screw driver in the hole and it exposes the screws. Some of those things can be confusing but it was definitely not wired before so there must be a simple way to get it off from the front.

I just pulled my stereo apart as I installed an XM radio and has to get to the 12 volt cigarette light plug. These things are usually simple as hell once you figure it out. When you get behind some of these panels, you wish you would have not seen the crap they leave behind, cuttings, sawdust etc... My AC was wired wrong, I rewired it myself. My water tank was bending the brackets and ended up fixing it myself after a half ass job by the dealer.
Old 02-07-2015, 10:43 AM   #6

Too tall. I saw the same mess and added 20 tywarps to strain relief the wires and neaten stuff up. I added a Sirius to my unit also Sat audio in to the Genesis and TV audio out to Genesis In for off air. The bezel on mine was broken from factory so mine was easy to figure out.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:23 PM   #7
Roger and Paula

Call the tech support people and ask them. They have proved veryhelpful to me