Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2015, 09:11 PM   #1

Question Added a side view camera help!

Hi all, I just joined!

I am new owner of a Sunseeker 2450. Had my first trip went to Mardi Gras and Nashville. When I got home I installed a side view camera and it works fine but would like to hook it up so when I turn my right turn signal on it will turn on. I know that I have to hook up the right turn signal wire of the vehicle to the white wire of the camera but how do I find the right wire from all the wires that are under the dash? When I bought the unit it came with a backup camera with a rearview mirror monitor RVS 770619N.

Stateseeker
stateseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:52 PM   #2

You should be able to find the wire you need at your trailer plug
14 CC 38CK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:58 PM   #3

But how do you know which one ?
Old 03-14-2015, 07:12 AM   #4

My Berkshire came without side cameras. I added them. Had the same question. Found it was easier to go out to the front directional light rather than cut into wire bundles under the dash. Normally there is a rubber gromit in the fire wall you can bring the wire back in through.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 06:44 PM   #5

That's an idea thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Stateseeker
Old 03-17-2015, 07:19 AM   #6

If you use the turn signal wire, how are you going to keep the camera from pulsing on and off with turn signal? Are you going to install a latching circuit with it?

2005 Flagstaff FS26
2006 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0L
johngoat2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 08:11 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngoat2002 View Post
If you use the turn signal wire, how are you going to keep the camera from pulsing on and off with turn signal? Are you going to install a latching circuit with it?

2005 Flagstaff FS26
2006 GMC Sierra Denali 6.0L
There is a delay in the monitor so the display will not pulse. I have done several coaches this way with no problem. The monitors are made for this.
Old 03-17-2015, 01:46 PM   #8
Left Coast

Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Also, find a front t/s wire and the break light being activated won't interfere.
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 02:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Also, find a front t/s wire and the break light being activated won't interfere.

Bob explain more right now if I ride with the side camera on every time I brake the monitor quickly pulses from rear, off and back to side view but it is very quick.

Stateseeker
Old 03-17-2015, 02:50 PM   #10
Left Coast

Ok, you win.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:02 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob caldwell View Post
Ok, you win.

?? I wanted to learn what you meant as it might help eliminate that issue.

Stateseeker
Old 03-17-2015, 07:33 PM   #12
Left Coast

Sorry just got me a snooze in. A lot of times on later model stuff ( vehicles) if there the ones that monitor such things as a burnt out light bulb, such as changing over to led style bulbs or ad ons, it gets really hard to make thinks work like we think they should. Some of my stuff came over on the Mayflower, along with me, so you might be better advised to contact the manif. of your product for a heart to heart.
Old 03-17-2015, 07:44 PM   #13
Left Coast

Just re-read original post and if you can't find a wiring diagram then use a test light probe to find the needed wire in the loom, or google 7 wire trailer plug and it'll give the color to you as my findings it's pretty standard color coded wiring.
Old 03-17-2015, 08:42 PM   #14

Ok thanks

Stateseeker
Old 03-17-2015, 08:49 PM   #15

I will try one more time. The monitor in your coach has three camera inputs. One for backup, one for driver side, and one for passenger side. There are also three trigger lines, one for each camera.

The default camera is the backup camera. When you turn the system on that is the view you will get. Also when the coach is in reverse the backup camera trigger over rides the other triggers.

The front directional lights are excellent trigger points for your driver and passenger camera control. Even though the light is flashing the monitor is designed to ignore the flashing and keep the specified camera on until the directional is turned off. The system then goes back to the default rear camera.

The only exception to this is if you are backing up and have your directional on the side camera will not activate as the rear camera has priority over the side cameras.

Manual for your system can be found here. It looks like a real nice system. Should work well. I would go on eBay and get a cheep DVR to add to it to record what happens around you. Good insurance.

http://www.rvssystems.com/media/mcon...n_lowres_1.pdf
Old 05-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #16

We just purchased a 2015 Solera S, we cannot see much out of the right side mirror, and are thinking of adding a camera to at least the right side. How do I find out where the box is to plug the camera in. We would like to plug it into the monitor where the rear view mirror would be.

Thanks
Rottiemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 09:20 PM   #17

Hi Rottiemom!

The box is located under the steering wheel on the left side. It should have three ports. The one port is already connected to the rear camera and you will plug the side camera into the middle or second port. The rear is actually in port number three. It is a pretty simple install. The hardest part was to get it to turn on when you signal to turn right. I ended up running a wire from the front signal. You should have a manual that came with if not you can get it on line. Good luck let me know if you find it.

Stateseeker

Stateseeker