Old 02-16-2018, 12:04 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witch Doctor View Post
Didn't see this post, this is a smart man, take his advice, also so I may add only, that the noise difference is really unnoticeable between a 13.5 and 15 K
He's assuming the OP has ducted 2nd air and this often isn't the case. If ducted, I'd go for the 15K for the same reasons. If not ducted, he's throwing money away. Completely pointless to have the 2nd as a 15K.

dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:14 PM   #12

The 2nd bedroom AC will be DUCTED to main air duct. Both units will feed same duct system. Bedroom AC will have its own thermostat.

Good point on having a 2nd 15K unit as as backup if either one fails during a trip.

When boondocking, I only run one unit anyway because I'm running a 30 AMP generator setup.

I agree, can't have too much cooling during the summer in Texas.

Jack of all trades, Master on none
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 12:16 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
The 2nd bedroom AC will be DUCTED to main air duct. Both units will feed same duct system. Bedroom AC will have its own thermostat.

Good point on having a 2nd 15K unit as as backup if either one fails during a trip.

When boondocking, I only run one unit anyway because I'm running a 30 AMP generator setup.

I agree, can't have too much cooling during the summer in Texas.
In that case I would go with the 15K as well.
dustman_stx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 01:49 PM   #14

This is just a thought. I can be frugal at times. When I visited NM and the deep south where temperatures remained over 101 F for over a month. I added a simply $110 8000BTU Walmart Haire (spelling might be wrong) window AC. I framed it with painted to match Marine plywood stained to match inside and permanently mounted to the AC frames on the inside. I used wing nuts to extend to the outside. Place outside panel pained to match RV and in a few twists approx 10 minutes by myself I can cool the unit to my preferred temp of 65F

AC including wood screws etc less than $200. Plug it into the 110 V standard house plug on podium or Generator and we are off and running.

It is just a thought. The appearance is nice etc.
TonyShope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:42 PM   #15

Walmart AC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyShope View Post
This is just a thought. I can be frugal at times. When I visited NM and the deep south where temperatures remained over 101 F for over a month. I added a simply $110 8000BTU Walmart Haire (spelling might be wrong) window AC. I framed it with painted to match Marine plywood stained to match inside and permanently mounted to the AC frames on the inside. I used wing nuts to extend to the outside. Place outside panel pained to match RV and in a few twists approx 10 minutes by myself I can cool the unit to my preferred temp of 65F

AC including wood screws etc less than $200. Plug it into the 110 V standard house plug on podium or Generator and we are off and running.

It is just a thought. The appearance is nice etc.
Pictures please, I may try that if it looks easy enough. Hold up traveling down the road??
pdqparalegal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 03:53 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdqparalegal1 View Post
Pictures please, I may try that if it looks easy enough. Hold up traveling down the road??
Because I am in Wisconsin Ice fishing I am going to try and do this with drawings. It is super easy. The AC is in storage and my trailer is an Ice House, Sits on the ice wheels up on frame and I have fishing holes inside.

Back in a few minutes
Old 02-16-2018, 04:03 PM   #17
"Don't Tread on Me"

2 questions

I have a 2013 Rockwood 8327SS with only 1 ac in front which is ducted. Since I run on 30 amps Does that mean my bedroom is not prewired for and additional a.c.? If so, could it be? It seems to me that ducting 2 acs to the same duct system would have them working against each other? Just wondering out loud.
sgtsdj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:18 PM   #18

If your RV is 30 amp service then no, you are not prewired. You can add a 2nd AC to your RV, there are several threads covering the topic.

A 2nd AC is increasing the volume of refrigerated air in the duct system. If you have both units running, that would be MAX cold, one running would be normal cold.

Jack of all trades, Master on none
Captain America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2018, 04:22 PM   #19

So you can see on the top of the AC pictured it has an upper lip snug on the window.

It also has non visible sides and base. They have an internal channel that fits a inch piece of wood.

By measuring your RV window opening. Makes sure the AC unit itself will fit 13 5/8 8000BTU AC fits in my 15 inch space.

Then measure your Outer diameter Window frame. I like sunlight so I only overfill the space by (sliding glass window so it keeps 1 side open)

Now take your outer diameter and cut the marine plywood to size. Remember you have a gap between inside and outside the RV. I use 1x2s to create the gap. Then I permanently use multi purpose screws to keee AC and inner panel mounted.

When I arrive at a site I open the window, set the AC in the frame.

I go outside wiggle the carriage bolts into the inner frame holes.

Go back inside and put on the wing nuts/washers.

I use a thin (Deep) x 1 (wide) strip of foam weather stripping to protect the inner and outer surfaces from scratching.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AC trailer.png
Views:	74
Size:	190.0 KB
ID:	162604  
Old 02-16-2018, 04:33 PM   #20

AC goes on left.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ac 1.png