Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2019, 01:34 PM   #1

Air Conditioner

I have a 2000 Georgetown it only had 9k miles on it when we bought it.
The bedroom air was working fine then the blower just shut off but there was a hum coming from the unit, I thought it was the compressor so turned everything off.
This RV has the switches for which air I run.
Now when you try it there is no sounds at all.
Is there any fuses in the unit itself
It is a Dominic Duro Thurm
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Harley woman
Harleywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:49 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleywoman View Post
I have a 2000 Georgetown it only had 9k miles on it when we bought it.
The bedroom air was working fine then the blower just shut off but there was a hum coming from the unit, I thought it was the compressor so turned everything off.
This RV has the switches for which air I run.
Now when you try it there is no sounds at all.
Is there any fuses in the unit itself
It is a Dominic Duro Thurm
Any help will be appreciated
Thanks
Harley woman
Air conditioner units use 120 volts through breakers, not 12 volts through fuses.
Do you know where your breaker panel is?
In motorhome units, it’s usually down near the floor, metal door, and located as close as possible above where your power cord comes into the motorhome outside from the power pedestal at a campground.
The fuses and breakers should be in there for the various items that need Power throughout the motorhome.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #3

Thank you very much I willl check this out the fuses in the fuse box on the inside are good I haven’t checked the one you mentioned I will let you know
Thanks again
Old 07-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #4

We think we have a burning smell coming from air conditioner just cleaned filter and opened large vent in living area it a 2014 heritage glen
Allrkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2019, 03:56 PM   #5

We have checke the fuses and the breakers are all ok.
Could it be the Freon is low would that shut everything down any help is appreciated
Old 07-20-2019, 11:05 PM   #6

While this video is about an AC that is running and not cooling well, It will give you the basics of what to look for if you or someone else wants to get on the roof and check it out.

You might want to get a look under the cover and make sure the cooling fins/coils are clean as if they are dirty and not able to exchange the heat, that could cause a shut down or compressor motor to overheat and go into a shut down mode. That would be a simple, inexpensive thing to check and clean to see if that might have been the problem since you're saying the circuit breakers are all ok. Might also check the wire connections for any sign of being burnt as that can cause a voltage issue.

Tags
air conditioner