Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #1

All sorts of fun (furnace, water pump, etc.)

Heya gang,

Earlier this season my family and I purchased a (new to us) 2002 Flagstaff 725D Tent Trailer. We've been having a blast this summer.

From the get go however there have been a few issues like our Thetford cassette toilet C2 not flushing (no swish but stuff goes down the hole just fine), furnace problems and now water pump issues. The toilet I got figured out, it just needs to be fixed by someone more technically savvy then myself. Same be told for the other issues but I'd like to get some feedback from y'all before I take it to see an RV mechanic.
  • The first time we took the trailer out, back in May the furnace worked well enough but ONLY the first time. Since then it only works if we turn the furnace thermostat to max and then manually turn it off again when the temperature reaches a decent level (it's been cold a few nights so yes the heat has been needed). From what I've read/heard it seems to be related to a battery problem but I thought if the trailer was plugged in to a serviced site that was null and/or moot because the battery would be getting charges or something or other. Very confused by this. Anyway last weekend my wife accidentally broke the thermostat lever so it needs fixing anyhow but if anyone else knows of this issue or has experienced and solved it that would be helpful.
  • This past weekend the water pump has not turned off at all (unless I switch it off. It's worked like a dream until this weekend. Quick research shows a potential leak somewhere but again if someone can offer other details that would be great.

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Dimos
Dimos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #2

Sounds like a bad thermostat, 12 volt mechanical. The pump meanwhile costs much more and does have an internal checkvalve. The pump is probably original and should be changed out. This is the sole reason for no pressure, pump wore out or check leaking back.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:53 PM   #3

If you had a leak you should be able to find it, I had a leak in the cold water shut off valve at the hot water tank and it was easy to find...the sound of spraying water was the first hint and then the amount of water was very obvious and the pump was not running constantly. The pump should have a pressure shut off switch of some sort that controls it's operation and I would suspect that. Do you have pressure at the taps?

Tim & Jenn
2009 Forest River Grey Wolf 235 5er
2003 F-350 Superduty 6.0 l Diesel
DSP 17K
aiscpl6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #4

No visible leaks anywhere to be found. Luckily we had pressure because we had serviced water too but I did notice less pressure then normal. Thanks for the help.

-D

2002 Flagstaff 725D
2005 GMC Canyon 4x4
Dimos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
furnace, pump, water, water pump