Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2019, 09:57 PM   #1

Anderson Rapid Jack

Has anyone used an Anderson rapid jack or similar to perform a wheel bearing repack? Is there any threat that the use of this or similar could bend the axle or frame?
billybigrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:18 PM   #2
Retired Old Fart

Changing a tire on the road is one thing, but I would prefer to jack the trailer up by the frame and support on appropriately rated steel jack stands for service and checking/packing bearings. Otherwise you are constantly doing one bearing repack, moving the trailer to reset the Anderson Rapid Jack, and repeating for each tire. I can just jack up one side and support on jack stands or jack up both sides and quickly move from position to position.

That being said, I have a commercial floor jack with 25" lift, a second slightly smaller floor jack, and 4 six ton steel jack stands. I understand not everyone will have those, but even bottle jacks and a pair of jack stands are not very expensive (just use wood blocks to raise the bottle jack if needed).
dward51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 10:19 PM   #3
Who Dares, Wins

I've used the Campco one that you drive on, kind of similar. Changed quite a few tires (unfortunately) with it and never had an issue.

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote