Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2009, 10:41 AM   #1

Another AC question

So this weekend we use the AC. Cooled great. My question is how the thing is usually rigged to drip. I thought we were pretty level and we didn't have our awning out and the A/C condensate stream was dripping right on my steps. So I turn off the a/c when it was cold in the camper around midnight and i hear ..... thunk......thunk...... thunk....... water dripping on my steps... of all the places it could go! sheesh.... i did notice my tires are a little low on air and i actually didn't check level... as we really only where there a day and a half.... but i was hopiing someone knows how these things are set up...

steve
Old 07-26-2009, 02:25 PM   #2

When these units are installed they can be as much as 8 degree out of level this is the max allowed with out effecting it's operation. The unit may be level but it may depend on how the water runs off the roof, water will take the easiest bath to travel. You may want to try to off set your camper just a little to the curb side, sometimes a breeze or wind may push the condensate around and it may drain off of the roof at a strange place.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 07:22 PM   #3

I try to leave mine a little nose high so it runs to the back, it doesn't have to be much to get the water to run that way, haven't had it run on the steps yet but if I don't leave it a little nose high it will run down the awning on the slide then down the side of the slide across the windows
cma659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:49 PM   #4
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Generally the condensate runs over the roof to the gutter on the low side. If there's a blockage, possibly at your steps, the water will overflow from the gutter. Otherwise the water should be following the gutter to the end of the trailer and drip from that point. Prior to any trip I blast the gutters on each side to clear debris so the water runs off the end. I had a June Bug dead in the track last summer and the water ran out the gutter on to the awning. It dripped from the edge and made a nice mess where we normally walk to the door. Good luck!!

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 08:54 PM   #5

Since its a seasonal camper and I never move it i am willing to bet the little gutter is probably blocked. I also like the idea above to nose up the camper a bit.

thanks
steve
Old 07-27-2009, 05:03 AM   #6

Cfsoistman has a good point, I didn't think about a gutters, and as far as the front tilted up just a little I do the same.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote