Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
Antenna leaks

Greetings, anyone out there have advice on how to stop a "slightly leaking down the middle of the inside of the rotation disc" leak?? The dealer wants to replace the entire antenna from the base (even though it's not leaking at the base!!) Its been my experience that there is a "worm gear kit" with seals and such that manage water issues from Winegard
__________________

__________________
cthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Big Canoe GA
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthelite View Post
Greetings, anyone out there have advice on how to stop a "slightly leaking down the middle of the inside of the rotation disc" leak?? The dealer wants to replace the entire antenna from the base (even though it's not leaking at the base!!) Its been my experience that there is a "worm gear kit" with seals and such that manage water issues from Winegard
yes just put new o-rings in simple job
__________________

__________________
skywagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:52 PM   #3
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
Thanks, I'll definitely try that first
__________________
cthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:07 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SW of NE Arkansas
Posts: 116
Check the rubber boot for the cable on top of roof. I had a 5th wheel that the boot would work its way off and leak on the bed.
__________________
ArkyGeorgetown330TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:54 AM   #5
Campfire Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South East Michigan
Posts: 437
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyGeorgetown330TS View Post
Check the rubber boot for the cable on top of roof. I had a 5th wheel that the boot would work its way off and leak on the bed.
Thats exactly what happened to mine. I put some silicone in the boot and pushed it back on. Been fine ever since.
__________________
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthelite View Post
Greetings, anyone out there have advice on how to stop a "slightly leaking down the middle of the inside of the rotation disc" leak?? The dealer wants to replace the entire antenna from the base (even though it's not leaking at the base!!) Its been my experience that there is a "worm gear kit" with seals and such that manage water issues from Winegard
The worm gear kit is probably what you need. I comes with new washers and the O-Ring.

Check Package #7 (RP-4000) at the bottom of the page out: http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2452013.pdf
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Here is about the cheapest I could find that part on the net: Swiden Distributing Inc - Worm Gear, Elevating Shaft Assembly: RP4000
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:11 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
The worm gear kit is probably what you need. I comes with new washers and the O-Ring.

Check Package #7 (RP-4000) at the bottom of the page out: http://www.winegard.com/kbase/upload/2452013.pdf
thanks you guys are the best!! This site ROCKS!!
__________________
cthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:14 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyGeorgetown330TS View Post
Check the rubber boot for the cable on top of roof. I had a 5th wheel that the boot would work its way off and leak on the bed.
Thanks for the feedback. WILL-DO
__________________
cthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 06:15 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyGeorgetown330TS View Post
Check the rubber boot for the cable on top of roof. I had a 5th wheel that the boot would work its way off and leak on the bed.
Thanks TONS! I will check this
__________________

__________________
cthelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
antenna

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:45 AM.