Old 09-27-2009, 08:54 PM   #1
Ants in TT

I have not used my Salem TT in over a year. Tonight, after returning from dinner, I noticed several ants around the around the entrance door ceiling.
I then took my hand and tapped the ceiling and wall between the living room and bathroom. This resulted in about 10 more ants coming out of the top of the wall from under the molding trim. Just wondering if anyone has had this problem and if an over the counter ant spray will solve the problem?

Fireball in Florida

fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 09:55 PM   #2
Think you may have a bigger problem than you expect, I think I would call a professional exterminator in.

"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:34 AM   #3
Head Rambler
A professional exterminator would certainly solve your problem but you might try a couple of foggers set off with it closed up. The problem with hand held sprays is that you can't reach the inaccesible places a fogger will get to.

I just have the house exterminator spray the RV whenever he comes around. He doesn't charge anything and I don't have to worry about it.
Salem 29RKSS Pushing a 2500 Mega-Cab CTD!
Gotta go campin!
Bama Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:21 AM   #4
Thanks for the fast reply's. I will contact my "bug" guy to take care of the problem.

Fireball in Florida
fireball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #5
I had the same problem last year at a campground in CT. Ants were all over the site...and of course in the trailer. When I got home, I picked up (2) foggers and set them off with all windows and doors closed. (read the directions carefully) Bottom line was I never saw another ant in the TT
2008 Dodge Ram 4X4 Quad cab LB 2500 Cummins 6.7L TD / 2013 Columbus 320rs. Camped 50 days in 2015. RIP Angel the camping Cat, we will miss you.
Don and Elaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
Careful with the foggers. Read the directions as to the space size they cover. They can caause damage if the space is too confined.

Tom and Karen

2002 GMC Sierra 5.3
2005 Flagstaff 26RKS
tomkaren is offline   Reply With Quote