Old 09-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #11

I have the Doran system for the TT and factory system in the TV. Doran recommends installing the steel valve stems and ballancing. The Doram seems to work well, no tire problems yet.

Great Wife and Idiot Yorkie
True Friends are like diamonds, precious and rare.
False ones like autumn leaves found everywhere
Hipshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 07:43 AM   #12

i purchaced the ATS system from camping world.

in 2005, i went thru Denver and was well on the south side when someone came up and pointed. as i pulled off, i noticed cord flapping. i never felt or heard anything. the only thing left was the beed and some cord. side of trailer and under was damaged but rim never touched the ground.

2008, i purchaced the ATS system. it displays the tire pressure and temp. it appears to update abt every 10 minutes unless an alarm is detected. then the updates are more frequent for that wheel.

mine screw onto the valve stems. i have had problems with them leaking and being the problem rather than the tire. manufacture suggested teflon tape which i tried and it appears to solve that problem.

i have been amazed that the temp seem so responsive especially sense the sensor is on the end of the stem.

the metal stems. if u don't have them, get them. make sure when a tire dealer changes ur tires they put the metal on...some will put the regular rubber one on. do an inspection before u accept it. the rubber stem isn't designed for the pressure u run in the trailer tires.

On a trip heading east, while approahing Little Rock, my sensors indicated i had a tire going down. i pulled over and changed it. 15 minutes we were on I-440 and the same tire reported loosing air. i pulled over and found nothing wrong (at this point i was out of spairs also) tried pumping the tire back up. the stem broke off while i was pumping. have never had or heard of that happening. the stem was a rubber one installed by a tire dealer south of denver. so...not i insist on the metal and inspect before inspecting.

short story long, i believe in the sensors and am glad i bought them.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:49 AM   #13
Retired US Navy Diver

I just ordered a TPMS. I will change the rubber valve stems ASAP and install the TPMS when that is done. This is the website for the TPMS. I followed several other TPMS threads on the RVnet forum and this TPMS seemed to be the most reliable.

Truck System Technologies, Inc
Old 12-10-2010, 06:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by gktsuda1956 View Post
I just ordered a TPMS. I will change the rubber valve stems ASAP and install the TPMS when that is done. This is the website for the TPMS. I followed several other TPMS threads on the RVnet forum and this TPMS seemed to be the most reliable.

the company is easy to deal with. i had one sensor arive doa and they made it good. another died near the end of the warranty. they made that good also.

after u install them, make checking them for tightness a part of ur pre pull inspection. if one looses abt 10 psi quickly then stops, it's probably loose.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:47 AM   #15

Installed on last trailer,Alum fac. wheels,senders inside tire like Fac. type,lots of tire & rim removal,bal.the total assy.machine wheel stem hole to accept spec.steel TPMS holder for internal sender,and on and on!! They worked really well for (2) weeks! They instantly told Press&Temp,alarm when pre settings changed. Orange Elec.TPMS never agin!! Youroo!!
Old 12-10-2010, 08:37 AM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by gktsuda1956 View Post

For those adding a TPMS with an external sensor, the metal valve stems are important. The weight (albeit small) on the end of the valve stem will cause the stem to bend due to centrifugal force at speed.......to the point of the sensor rubbing against the wheel.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 02:49 PM   #17
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Installed on last trailer,Alum fac. wheels,senders inside tire like Fac. type,lots of tire & rim removal,bal.the total assy.machine wheel stem hole to accept spec.steel TPMS holder for internal sender,and on and on!! They worked really well for (2) weeks! They instantly told Press&Temp,alarm when pre settings changed. Orange Elec.TPMS never agin!! Youroo!!

I am having a wee bit of trouble understanding this. Are you saying you used an orange electric TPMS? And you wont use again? Only worked for two weeks?
Old 12-11-2010, 06:26 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
I am having a wee bit of trouble understanding this. Are you saying you used an orange electric TPMS? And you wont use again? Only worked for two weeks?
The TPMS MFG.name is (Orange Electronics) it is( JUNK) what is your point? Youroo!!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #19
Infractee

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
The TPMS MFG.name is (Orange Electronics) it is( JUNK) what is your point? Youroo!!

Was not making a point, was asking a question as I was confused by the post as it looked like my teen daughter had texted it....

in that post you said;

"They worked really well for (2) weeks! They instantly told Press&Temp,alarm when pre settings changed. Orange Elec.TPMS never agin!! Youroo!!

You did not tell us how they failed, what the problem was, or, in fact, even that they DID fail. You just wrote "orange elec TPMS never agin" how the heck is anybody supposed to know what that means? Especially somebody who has never even heard of orange elec?

just sayin.....
Old 12-11-2010, 06:01 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhoZeta View Post
Was not making a point, was asking a question as I was confused by the post as it looked like my teen daughter had texted it....

in that post you said;

"They worked really well for (2) weeks! They instantly told Press&Temp,alarm when pre settings changed. Orange Elec.TPMS never agin!! Youroo!!

You did not tell us how they failed, what the problem was, or, in fact, even that they DID fail. You just wrote "orange elec TPMS never agin" how the heck is anybody supposed to know what that means? Especially somebody who has never even heard of orange elec?

just sayin.....
Yes,they (The 4 tpms units FAILED) that were instaled inside of the 4 tires,just like the factory ones from GM,Ford,Honda! Went to a lot of work to install instead of screw on valve stem type. The distributor would not replace or repair them.They (TPMS) units only worked (2) weeks. If I didnt explain it to your satisfaction ask your teenage daughter!! Youroo!!