Old 07-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #1

Anyone heard of this?

So...

Me and my family recently purchased a 2008 FR 30' Loft. All in all, we love it, but have had some strange issues...

The first (and the reason I am writing this thread), is that our shower door exploded. Yes, I do not mean "cracked", or something like that. Me, and my entire family were sitting in the living room, when suddenly we heard what sounded like a 12 gauge go off in our bathroom. We ran in, to see the shower door in pieces, all over the bathroom. I thought it was "filmed" glass. Guess not.

Dealer claims they have never heard of this before, but they are fixing it for free (which, in and of itself seems suspicious). Anyone else heard of this?

Now, we also have two OTHER issues. One, is that our converter started smoking and and I had to do an "emergency removal" on the circuit board below the breakers. I messed with it, and tried to test it. Melted my 50 dollar multimeter...

Lastly> The Concertone! I thought I had gotten a "good one". But now, it takes the DVD, says "loading", and then displays "Sd err", and claims there is no disc...

Old 07-18-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
Head Rambler

The shower door is a new one to me. It would be a warranty issue, that's why the dealer is replacing it. Sounds like it was in a bind in the frame and finally shattered. It is tempered glass which means that when it breaks it's into a million peices and doesn't sliver.

It's not unusual for converters to fail. it'll be replaced under warranty too. As for your multimeter, sounds like operater error to me

Concertone....... Enough said.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:57 AM   #3

Do you have a concertone ZX75?? I have one in my 09 Wildwood and the dvd/cd also won't play. After loading, it says there's no disc in it. Everything else in it works. I have heard that most concertones are junk...my salesman was "supposed" to be finding out about a new one. Our dealership is about 100 miles away and I really do not want to pull the TT all that way just to have it replaced/fixed (which they probably wouldn't get it fixed anyway and then say...ordered a new one....bring TT back in a week so we can put the new one in). We'll see.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:07 PM   #4
Rockwood 8281SS

The shower door in our new home shattered all by itself one evening. No bind of any kind. The Mfg. replaced it and said this happens infrequently with tempered glass if the processing temps. get out of specs. during mfg. Did not question it at all.
Old 07-21-2008, 04:03 PM   #5
Site Team

I had a storm door glass do this some years ago.
It was sitting in the closet on a summer night. We were
eating supper and heard a noise in the closet.
I investigated and found it shattered for no reason.
Tempered glass is er....... temperamental!!
Old 07-22-2008, 09:12 AM   #6
Head Rambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDan View Post
Tempered glass is er....... temperamental!!
At's funny rat thar!

We had a patio door shatter like that too. I guess it's more common than most people think. The problem with the patio door was that it was triple pane, argon filled so no just replacing the glass. Had to buy the entire section.