Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2011, 10:10 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by realebill View Post
its correct...see the link---gives a detailed explanation of this type of 50amp,220vt. service
The 50-amp 120/240-volt 3 pole 4
So, looking at the the 50amp tester that includes a double gang box and separate duplex plugs for L1 & L2. Does this box then provide another option for additional power use as several threads discuss connecting to the 30 and 20amp service? Usually this is done to power a space heater in the TT. I assume the main risk would be running on a 50amp breaker to power a space heater for example?
Old 11-01-2011, 07:32 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel702 View Post
So, looking at the the 50amp tester that includes a double gang box and separate duplex plugs for L1 & L2. Does this box then provide another option for additional power use as several threads discuss connecting to the 30 and 20amp service? Usually this is done to power a space heater in the TT. I assume the main risk would be running on a 50amp breaker to power a space heater for example?
not sure i understand what you're asking...(50amp tester)? if you are referring to this panelhttp://www.myrv.us/electric/Pg/50amp2-4.htm it shows a 2 pole 50amp breaker and 220 plug and a single pole 20amp GFCI breaker and a 20a/120v duplex. the 20 amp duplex is fed by one 120vt lead (L1). if your RV has a 30amp service cord,you could hook up to this box using a 50 to 30 amp adapter.that would give you a 30a/120v feed.that should be all the "option "that you would need.. the 20 amp 120vt duplex would be used to power a space heater. it is a misconception to think of it as 50amps of power coming from a 50 amp breaker. that is the "capacity" of the breaker in amps,and the load it will withstand from whatever devices are running on it.
this has become way more complicated than it needs to be. every one with an RV should assess the electrical power requirements of their RV and maintain a "kit" to cover whatever electrical service you encounter in an RV park.do a little research on what adapters are available,and what you may possibly need.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:48 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by realebill View Post
not sure i understand what you're asking...(50amp tester)?

this has become way more complicated than it needs to be. every one with an RV should assess the electrical power requirements of their RV and maintain a "kit" to cover whatever electrical service you encounter in an RV park.do a little research on what adapters are available,and what you may possibly need.
This link:
50-amp Tester was part of the electrical summary link you had posted earlier. I was asking only from a hypothetical that each line on the 50A "tester" would be available (using a properly sized electrical cord w/ a 120v plug) as a source power supply.

Was not trying to "complicate" any issue. Just asking a question before encountering a situation.

Jim
Old 11-01-2011, 02:51 PM   #24

my mistake.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel702 View Post
This link:
50-amp Tester was part of the electrical summary link you had posted earlier. I was asking only from a hypothetical that each line on the 50A "tester" would be available (using a properly sized electrical cord w/ a 120v plug) as a source power supply.

Was not trying to "complicate" any issue. Just asking a question before encountering a situation.

Jim
sorry,i did not look at that page,and thought you were referring to the original pic on the link of a 50 amp panel with a separate 20amp duplex. looking at the one you're referring to, that 50 amp tester,properly wired both duplexes would be available as a 120vt power source.