Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2009, 07:18 PM   #1

Awesome Stuff

I was going to wait til next week when we came back from vacation. Has anyone used these two "ALL PURPOSE DEGREASERS"? My camper was nasty from setting under a pine tree on our seasonal site. I towed it home last week to clean it for our Ocean City trip. I tried this stuff out and the crud started to roll off. It removed miner tree sap black streaks and yellow discoloration around the door windows. My wife found this stuff on another RV board and the members there recommend it, so I thought I would give it a try. For a dollar a bottle at the"Dollar Store" it works great. I also use it on the slide out topper and on the awning, it removed stains that I trouble getting out with other cleaners. I sprayed the camper surface down with water from the hose, then sprayed AWESOME on the surface In different areas and used a soft brush and went over the camper and then rised off the camper with the hose. Everything rised off easy, after the camper dried I checked for streaks and could not fine one. The diffrernce between the two is that the orange bottle can be used right out of the container and the other one is a concentrate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2435.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	1702   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_2436.jpg
Views:	347
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	1703  
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 07:30 PM   #2
Cardinal 04 31LE

At my place of employment we have a Community Education trailer (cargo style) set up for Emergency Services (911, EMS, Fire and Emergency Management) public education. Over the winter the trailer gets black streaks really bad. We learned of the concentrate awesome and have used it with great success. We cannot detect any degradation to our MANY decals or paint on the trailer. I should not the sides of the trailer is smooth aluminum.
Mr.B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:38 AM   #3

we also have used this amazing product to clean our camper. The only thing that I can say about it, is to use it cautiously,our previous trailer did show some signs of streaking from the product when it came in contact with the stripes. So I do recommend not letting it run over the stripes unless you are immediately washing it off, and even so, I think it may show some discoloration if the trailer is an older one...other than that, this product is terrific, and the more you use it, the more items you will find how good it cleans..
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 05:52 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue eyes View Post
we also have used this amazing product to clean our camper. The only thing that I can say about it, is to use it cautiously,our previous trailer did show some signs of streaking from the product when it came in contact with the stripes. So I do recommend not letting it run over the stripes unless you are immediately washing it off, and even so, I think it may show some discoloration if the trailer is an older one...other than that, this product is terrific, and the more you use it, the more items you will find how good it cleans..
blue eyes, which one did you use?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:55 PM   #5

I spray the concentrated stuff directly on a microfiber cloth, and wipe the streaks away.
cfd37buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:54 AM   #6

Rockwood, sorry for such a late response, but we were camping the last 10 days, the one that I used was the yellow bottle that caused the problems, so take extra care when using.
blue eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 09:23 AM   #7

I buy the Concentrate by the half gallon. WE use 1/2 cup to a 3 gallon bucket of water and a soft brush. One bucket will wash one side and an end on our Surveyor. It does a great job. Don't use it on your rubber roof, Citrus base may not be good for it.
Old 06-05-2010, 10:32 AM   #8

Im going to try awesome,, my question is do you dilute it or use full strength?
rohlingerrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohlingerrv View Post
Im going to try awesome,, my question is do you dilute it or use full strength?
I use it full strenght with a soft brush when I wash the camper.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamasurveyor View Post
Don't use it on your rubber roof, Citrus base may not be good for it.
What about the vinyl roofs?
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote