Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2017, 08:20 PM   #1

Awning LED lights

Hello all! We just bought a 2017 Cruise Light 30ft camper. Have only had it a couple months, used 3 times. The LED awning lights will not come on. Just started doing it. The multi colored remote will not turn on the white lights or the colored lights. The light switch on the master panel does nothing. The master remote that controls the slide out, jacks and awning has a light button on it, when you hit that button the lights flicker on then go out. I found the access hole in the master bedroom, made sure all the connections where good. Unplugged everything and retried. Same result​. Changed batteries in the remotes, no change. Anyone else had this issue, trying to avoid taking in for service with holiday weekends coming up. Thanks for any help.
Dunner15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:05 PM   #2

Sounds like you've done everything that needs to be done prior to taking it in for service.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:58 AM   #3

Welcome to the forum its a great place to get your questions answered. I don't have the answer but you might try the search at the top right of the page there many articles on awning lights you might find your answer. Let the forum know how you correct the problem
2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 11:09 AM   #4
Director, FROG

I just received the following e-mail from Brian Moran in the Forest River Service and Warranty Division. He said it's a fairly common question and asked me to pass it along.

Quote:
On your RV you need to first turn on the white analog remote light button to activate power to the color changing light module. Then you can turn the color changing lights on with the color changing remote. When you are done you can either turn off the lights with the white remote or the color changer remote. We hope this helps you. Brian

Brian Moran

Bob Byrne
Director, Forest River Owners' Group (FROG)
frog@forestriverinc.com
www.forestriverfrog.com
F.R.O.G. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:27 PM   #5

I've experienced the same flickering problem with my Wildwood 2017 24qbxl when using the white remote. Also erratic results using the blue led remote. I put a 12 volt fishing headlight in parallel with the led power leads ( the hot and ground ) in the junction box on the bedroom wall and discovered the white remote turned it on and off fine. The leds were also turning on and off fine with the 12 volt bulb wired in parallel with them. So I ordered a bulb type porch light for the camper and mounted it outside and in parallel with the leds and they have worked fine ever since. I can't explain why it helped other than maybe the leds weren't pulling enough current on their own but they work fine now. I hope this helps you with your problem.
Popa Vain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, led, light