Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2011, 10:30 AM   #41
Site Team - Lou

Just trying to help pal. These are things I would do next. So far you have done everything I would have done in a similar situation. While I don't qualify as an "expert" at anything (used to be when computers ran DOS and airplanes had wires that went back to the flight controls); I am a fair jack-leg mechanic.

Won't be the first time a crimped or broken wire somewhere cost me some money finding it. To be honest, replacing that internal coax will NOT be an easy job if it is not an end connector. All roof penetrations are sealed, and my camper has caulking filling the ends of every wire run making it near impossible to pull wires.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:12 AM   #42

Red face BadAntenna

O.K. sports fans, we have the answer to the problem. After pulling out almost all of my hair I found the problem. As you know from all the reading on this subject, I was down to the last thing that it could be. The new amplier didn't do any good so the last thing was to try a new BAT Wing which I took off my Lance pick-up camp and guess what, thats right, all is good now. Looks like I will be placing a order to CW today for a new wing. I will have to wait til I get back from my work trip to Alaska to install it but at least this is off my mind now. Thanks again to Lou and all that wrote in with help. You guys are the greatest. Thanks again

Happy Camping
Tom ( I'll drink to that )
Big-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 11:36 AM   #43
Site Team - Lou

That is GREAT!

Just thank your lucky stars it was not a broken wire inside the camper somewhere. I really would HATE to tackle that one.

Make sure whatever batwing you buy has the digital UHF elements. The Sensar IV has integrated elements.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 12:09 PM   #44
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting, Lou.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #45

I just found problem with my antenna system; the net on the f connector on the inside of the ant wasn't tight. This resulted in an intermittent connection.
Try shaking that connection. If it moves, the ground won't. Make good enough contact to keep the ant amp powered. Mine was bad when bought new.
Will post pictures on a different thread when I get home (tonight) and figure out how. Might need help there am getting error megs.
jimh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:00 PM   #46

Life is good, I just got back from my work trip in Alaska and my new antenna was waiting for me. I put it on today and all is good again. Thanks to all the advise with this problem. Thanks again to Lou. Happy Camping to ALL
Tom
Big-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna