Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2014, 05:48 AM   #1

BAL 25066 Fastjack King Pin Stabilizer

With our old Rockwood 8280SS I only used our Ultrafab Kingpin Stabilizer if we were camping for more then just a few days. The Rockwood was pretty stable. Our Crusader 325res tends to move more due to the fact the rear jacks are just behind the wheels. The kingpin stabilizer pretty takes care of that. But last week at High Falls SP the campsite we had was sloped and my front jacks where too low get my Ultrafab under the kingpin. Thinking about getting one of these to replace my Ultrafab 5th Wheel King Pin Stabilizer

Amazon.com: BAL 25066 Fastjack King Pin Stabilizer: Automotive

Here is what I have now:

Amazon.com: Ultra-Fab 19-950200 Aluminum King Pin Tripod Stabilizer: Automotive

The Bal FastJack looks to be way more adjustable. Does anyone use one of these and how durable/sturdy are they?
Old 05-03-2014, 07:04 AM   #2

We are considering one for our 325RES as well - we have another type already but agree about the movement with the level-up right behind tires instead of at the rear like other stabilizer jacks
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:19 AM   #3

I thought about adding stabilizers in the back but, the kingpin stabilizer seems to do the trick.
Old 05-03-2014, 01:42 PM   #4

Well I was near a Camping World today and checked one out. It was on sale and for a change the CW sale price was much lower than Amazon's everyday price so I picked one up. Just put it on the 5ver when on easy and seems as sturdy as the old one. Anyone want to buy the old one ? But, I am serious if anyone is interested.

I had read on the Amazon reviews to make sure you lubricate all the joints first as some people had bent the cross members due to forcing it new outta the box.
Old 05-05-2014, 10:23 AM   #5

I have had one for a while and it works pretty well in comparison to not having one. Where I am it is mostly level but the sway of my 5er in Texas winds was getting tiresome. It makes a big difference but you still have some sway. They are pretty sturdy I can lift some weight off the landing gear. Its solid and light weight. I like that it comes with a lock included in the kit.
5ersabre is offline   Reply With Quote