Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2018, 10:56 AM   #1

Battery charging problems 3001W Windjammer

Hi, my battery won’t charge while hooked up to tow vehicle or generator at camp. I have changed the solid breakers on the frame but still no power to positive battery leads. I checked with a volt meter. What charges the battery and where is it located on my 2011 Windjammer 3001W Thank you. My battery is good also charged up last night took a full charge. In desperate need of info thanks!
AtWittsEnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 11:00 AM   #2

Check the circuit breaker for the converter and the 2 30 or 40 Amp fuses for the converter. Did your TV charge the battery in the past? If so, maybe the fuse/relay for that in the truck may be bad. Just a few places to look for now.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:53 AM   #3

two different ways to charge your batteries. when connected to 110 vac power (shore power or generator) the converter converts the 110 vac power to 12 vdc power which is used to charge the batteries. when connected to tow vehicle 12 vdc power comes from the engine alternator and is used to provide a trickle charge directly to the battery. but this will not recharge batteries.

you can use a voltmeter. measure dc voltage at the battery terminals with nothing hooked up. then hook up to a 110 vac source (shore or generator) and measure the dc voltage again at the battery terminals. you should see the 2nd measurement being greater than the first measurement. this would indicate that the converter is sending 12 vdc power to the batteries to recharge them.

if this is not the case you need to find out why. check the 110 vac circuit breaker for the converter to see that it is on. flip it off and back on just to make sure. check the 12 vdc outlets of the converter to see if they are putting out power. if not check the reverse polarity fuses on the converter. do you have a battery disconnect switch? is it set so that the batteries are actually connected to the converter output. if they are disconnected they will not charge even if the converter is working. sometimes there is a 12 volt dc circuit breaker that may need to be reset. it is generally located near the batteries.

basically you need to start at the converter and trace the path all the way to the batteries and find out where you have power and where you don't.

Tags
3001w, battery, charging, windjammer